+++ Coder/Programmer For Hire (2D Platformers are my specialty!) +++

ScorchstarScorchstar Member Posts: 19
Hello!

I ought to introduce myself, I am a young, GameSalad Developer living in Australia, Sydney and have been doing crazy stuff with GS for the past 7-8 months. I have been doing lots of work on a 2D Platformer Project that hasn't gone too well due to the fact that I lack the knowledge on how to create stunning graphics. Most of my graphics that I use in my project are bought from a website at Graphic-Buffet.com and the graphics to me just don't fit what I had in mind or they're not up to my standards.

Anyways! I know how to do a lot with GS and am willing to work long hours on projects that you can discuss with me. I love to make games and plan to make it a full-time job in the future. I am extremely creative and can basically create with the resources I get.

Well that sums up all the stuff about me, now I want to tell you what I am willing to do if you are interested.
* I can code with GS to fit your needs (2D Platformers are my specialty, but can discuss later about the type of game with you)
* I could also design the levels with graphics *PROVIDED*
* Graphics will need to be provided, optimised for the devices you are willing to publish it on
* Can be extremely creative and can do lots more! Want some SFX or music? I can help. Does your game want a storyline to it? Count me in! (I'm always writing little stories of fantasy in my textbooks...)
* Am willing to work long hours also. Thats how much I love to make games.

Payment can be done through PayPal, and I prefer not to charge with payment up-front. I am willing to accept a share though from revenue of the game.

Want to contact me? Send me a email at:
SCORCHER98@GMAIL.COM
or add me on Skype for meetings:
SCORCHSTAR

Thanks very much! I hope to be a goof contributor to the GS community!

Comments

• prince.studiosprince.studios Member Posts: 77
    edited January 2013
    Hi If you know how to make some graphics can you show me some of your work :)
  • ScorchstarScorchstar Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2013
    Hi If you know how to make some graphics can you show me some of your work :)
    Oh, sorry, I don't do Graphics. Coding is my specialty.
    but why did you say

@Scorchstar
    I could also design the levels with graphics
    edited January 2013
    but why did you say

@Scorchstar
    I could also design the levels with graphics
    'Designing levels' meaning I can help make levels (e.g placing *WHERE* the pigs, wood planks, slingshot and birds in the level in the iOS game 'ANGRY BIRDS'

'With graphics provdided' meaning making the levels with graphics that you have that I can use to code with.

oh oky good luck Buddie :)
    oh oky good luck Buddie :)
    Thanks! You too! It's hard to find graphic artists these days...

edited January 2013
    your totally right man im looking for an graphic designer for month's :((
    :D
  • GeniusbearGeniusbear Member Posts: 107
    Added you to my skype, maybe I can use some help in the future.

Gr. Geniusbear
  • artcompartcomp Member Posts: 1
    Having a tough time locating a nice top-down action adventure game template, looking to have one made. Do you do that? I would need commenting and explanation of how to use your framework to build out the game.

Something like zelda: a link to the past.

Thanks!
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited January 2013
    @Scorchstar If you provide a video of some gameplay you've created or a link to a published app, it will give people a better sense of your skills and what you can potentially provide.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Having a tough time locating a nice top-down action adventure game template, looking to have one made. Do you do that? I would need commenting and explanation of how to use your framework to build out the game.

Something like zelda: a link to the past.

Thanks!
    I could if I got graphics provided to me. I already have two clients at the moment so send me an email if you are interested.
    @Scorchstar If you provide a video of some gameplay you've created or a link to a published app, it will give people a better sense of your skills and what you can potentially provide.
    Will do. Making a quick game as we speak.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    @artcomp you contacted me with the same request and I advised you to outline the gameplay and have a layout flow chart. These elements are vital for a game that size. Just saying I want a game like xxxx doesn't mean anything to a coder. I can quote you a price based on what you just asked, I can do it for $1,145,289.56 if I have a proper layout and design I could get that price down.
  • capitalcarnagecapitalcarnage Member Posts: 371
    @fryingbaconstudios you and I both know you would rather be eating chips!, especially with a quote like that, surely $1,145,289.00 is the starting point
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    I can do it for $1,145,289.56
    Good luck with that

@FryingBaconStudios, I am completely confused on why you are commenting here o-o.

I am now working on a project myself and also another project with @Geniusbear, so I am busy until then. Thank you.
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited January 2013
    @FryingBaconStudios

Yeah dude, where's my chips eating game? I'll let you join my clan remember? Rank up dude! Rank up!

@Scorchstar in essence he's looking out for everyone's best interests and so people are on the same page, talking the same business lingo. Don't take it as a hijack, just some relevant 2 cents. Also, do you mean, the offer is now closed because you found someone to work with? If so have the thread closed or post that you are not offering the services at this time. "I'm busy" does not address the status for your service offerings.