Windows 7 Bug (IMPORTANT!!!)

rumbachrumbach Member Posts: 1
edited January 2013 in Tech Support
Hello Gamesalad community. My first post here, but starts with a bug report.

Here is my recorded video, showing and explaining this bug on Windows Gamesalad Creator: http://www.screenr.com/fnA7

I find, that others also reported this in forum, but no fixes.

This is important, because without this fix, I cant work forward. I also tried re-install Gamesalad creator and and .net framework, no luck.

Hope to get this issue fixed.

Comments

• MantoManto Member Posts: 796
    edited January 2013
    @rumbach What version are you using? I don't have those bugs on 0.10.0.
  • rumbachrumbach Member Posts: 1
    @rumbach What version are you using? I don't have those bugs on 0.10.0.
    I use latest version (0.10.0)

I don't know what is then a reason for such a bug!
  • BertochiBertochi Member Posts: 26
    In my comp also didi this. After u drag, look at the position in the actors parameters and u see the STRANGE
    ...position and do a correction. I don't know why happens, but is the same with me.
    And my eternal problem with decimals........
  • chbachba Member Posts: 5
    I'm having the same problem, has anyone found a solution to this yet?
  • sparkaniasparkania Member, PRO Posts: 300
    I do not have this issue. W7-GS 0.10.0.

I noticed that you have your Windows desktop set to enlarge the view (by the icon spacing in your bottom toolbar) I am aware that this causes problems with a variety of programs. Ghost areas on the desktop, some places do not react to touch/mouse, icons cannot be placed in certain spots, window sizing errors.. etc

Try going to your screen resolution panel, then click the "Make text and other items larger or smaller" and then change to "100%" and see if this fixes your problem.
    hey sparkania,
    I also had it set up at 125% and changed it, but it had no effect.
  • AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310
    i had this issue when i was on windows if you click where you dropped the actor it will still be there its just the image is set to no fill... so place an actor but once u have placed it click on it, it should outline.

let me know if this works
    That doesn't work. The actor gets a random position, so it's somewhere far away, but that isn't the biggest problem, I can always just adjust the position. The biggest problem is when I press Play, the actors don't show up on the screen.
  • doug_smuppetdoug_smuppet Member Posts: 99
    For me happens the same.... I think it's only with Windows version. But.. when I use Images for actors, it works, no the position when I drag to stage, but when I press on Play.
  • patrykadaspatrykadas Member Posts: 24
    Exactly the same with me! Any ideas? I also can't play the built in templates.
  • NiskranNiskran Member Posts: 1
    Same problem here. Windows 7 and GS 0.10.0. I hope they fix this soon :(
  • dimaklisdimaklis Member Posts: 4
    Me too, exactly the same issue
  • lukas.bao@o2.pllukas.bao@o2.pl Member Posts: 11
    Same here! I even tried it on 4 different computers...
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    I don't use Windows but when you go to the actors in the Layers Palette can you double click them there and set their XY location to be on screen?
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
  • tutysestutyses Member Posts: 134
    I have the same problam it turns the windows version unusable. I have to relocate every actor i put in the scene, so annoying.
    Also i imported a mac project to windows and its all messed up, i cant use it at all
  • lukas.bao@o2.pllukas.bao@o2.pl Member Posts: 11
    I don't use Windows but when you go to the actors in the Layers Palette can you double click them there and set their XY location to be on screen?
    it doesnt work Jamie#

• lenpartingtonlenpartington Member Posts: 3
    Hello every one, i just have that bug.
    But it seems that it is due to the position and size for each actor.

the "." of those attribute numbers disappears after hitting play, so it becomes astronomic.
    X:94.64 becomes 9464! so the actor disappears far away or is way too big.

I have to manually re-size or re-position the actor by deleting ".64" then save, to make it work on the next play.

Very fastidious but at least i can move forward, waiting for a fix.
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    I have the same problem. the only thing you have to do is change the position of the actor (at the right in the top you can change it) and why does it spawn somewhere else when you play it? thats because the position is *number*,5. just delete the ,5 and it will spawn where you placed it
  • lenpartingtonlenpartington Member Posts: 3
    it messes up timers too. i want my actor to shoot every 0.8 sec but when i hit play :/ it becomes every 8 seconds. i havent figured how to dodge the problem yet.
  • mojitomojito Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem.......

I can not continue my project, unfeasible test play for windows :-S , I hope there is a solution soon to continue advancing

W7 -GS 0.10 last version for windows

• dfpisani@gmail.comdfpisani@gmail.com Member Posts: 5
    same problem here
  • CrowyeCrowye Member Posts: 4
    Yeah same here. Pretty much impossible to develop :/
  • drichterdrichter Member Posts: 2
    joining the club...have the exact problem as rumbach :/
  • HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited August 2013
    The solution is simple:

Your regional settings under Windows have the decimal "," and "." swapped from how Gamesalad expects them.

You can change these regional settings specifically.
    Open the Windows Control Panel. Go to Regional Options, and change the Numbers and Currency settings. That is, change the decimal and thousands seperator around.

This works, you just probably need to change it back for other Programs.

@CodeWizard, could you please create a thread to the sollution and make it sticky because this question comes up very often and the answeres get overlooked. However, this will not get you off the hook putting this on the bug list for the Windows version. :) Ignoring the Windows regional settings in GS is way too Mac fanboyish! :))
  • drichterdrichter Member Posts: 2
    Hopscotch than you! ur post solved my problem :D
  • mattiapolmattiapol Member Posts: 2
    As you can see from the video (), when I create one or more actors and drag them on the game, they do not appear or, if they do, when sciaccio preview are seen in a different position. PLEASE do something