50 FREE Templates and Tools

124»

Comments

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692

@CodeMonster said:
    extremely sad to see you go, your a big part of this community, deepblueapps.com has helped plenty of people. I hope you change your mind and decide to stick around! :)

Thank you, we've already moved on so won't be coming back, sorry.

@NipaDidIt said:
    @UtopianGames will the templates still be available at GShelper.com, or are you going to remove those too?

Yep and also DBA until the site needs renewing.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273

Sorry to see you go Darren. Best of luck in the future!

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Best of luck.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

A monthly bump for all those thousands of new comers :)

Happy new year guys!!!

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

@UtopianGames said:
    Happy new year guys!!!

Happy New Year!!

Monthly bump for the newcomers.

Quick bump for all the newcomers!

edited June 2016

I know GS might be closing its doors soon but thought I'd better bump for the new guys :)

We also have a 170 games mega bundle over at GSHelper for only $95 (55c per template) which includes full games, art and music!!! http://gshelper.com/shop/gamesalad-templates/170-games-templates/

• Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191

@UtopianGames closing its doors? should I be looking at another tool?
    I am about to start a new 3 mouth project but I will be doing updates every few months.

(site currently under construction)
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

@Bowhill Games, there are some sour grapes here so I'd take that comment with a grain or two of salt.

@jamie_c ah thanks for the info started to panic a bit there.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Bowhill Games said:
    @UtopianGames closing its doors? should I be looking at another tool?

@Bowhill UtopianGames (DeepBlueApps) were in the running - against GSHelper - to become the official GameSalad asset marketplace, GameSalad chose GSHelper in the end, Darren (UtopianGames) was extremely upset that he'd not been chosen so has since taken every opportunity to attack GameSalad. Like @jamie_c says this is a case of very sour grapes.

Darren's posts at this stage are little more than trolling.

@Socks I see that's not a very professional attitude to have, shame I did like a lot of the templates deepblueapps offered there were some very nice frameworks.
    The project commenting was a bit lax my liking especially for learning but that might just be me I do tend to comment everything.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

It's a shame they went with GShelper as GS helper was more video based (thanks to shirt booth and Braydon) and DBA or DBM was more marketplace based. Especially when GS has their own site for videos and learning courses, it doesn't really make sense to completely redesign GShelper. DBA had been so involved with GS and always has unique templates. But what done is done and appreciation should be given to Darren + team for the free demos that this thread references.

edited June 2016

@Bowhill Games said:
    @Socks I see that's not a very professional attitude to have, shame I did like a lot of the templates deepblueapps offered there were some very nice frameworks.

Yes it's a shame, Darren was a valued member of the community and him leaving was a genuine loss, like you say they've made a lot of very useful templates and tools (which are still useful), it's just a pity that it all had to end so acrimoniously, these repeat visits with the little snipes at GameSalad and their staff members don't cast UtopianGames in a very good light (like you say 'not very professional').

If @jamie_c had not intervened and clarified the situation to you Darren's comment could have cost GS a valuable customer, if Darren's comments are making people like yourself (who might not know the whole history of the situation) consider moving on from GameSalad there will likely be others.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited June 2016
    edited June 2016

//

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited June 2016

@Socks said:
    ...if Darren's comments are making people like yourself (who might not know the whole history of the situation) consider moving on from GameSalad there will likely be others.

Sad but true. I'm sure there are a lot of 'casual' users of the forums who have no idea of the details of that past relationship and could easily me mislead by some of the comments.

edited June 2016

My comment was said with a :) tongue in cheek but seems it's pissed a few of the sensitive users off...funny.

I'm not sure where @socks got your info from about us being in the running against GSHelper as that's simply not true so I would check your sources, we were never in the running so there's no sour grapes over that in fact we had several chances to buy GSH but turned them down after looking at sales reports and so on.

We have sour grapes about being blackmailed by GS over the use of their logos though :) ie you make some content for the educational side and we will let the TOC over logo usage slide...and you guys want to talk about being unprofessional? :)

I'm also a little pissed for you guys that GS has wasted so much time and money (7 years and 8 million dollars?) and still has half a product but that's another story.

I'm sure GS will carry on in one form or another I just don't think it will be moving forward anymore which is a shame for you guys, as far as I'm concerned I've moved on from game developing and on to better things so again no sour grapes here and I wish them well :)

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    edited June 2016

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Darren's free templates have helped many so I'd hate to see this thread closed because the conversation got too heated.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

Threads like this are really disconcerting! :(

It makes me feel insecure like a child whose parents are feuding and heading for a divorce while the relatives are taking sides.

I've gotten so much and learnt so much from everyone mentioned above that it would be a pity if it is all torn apart. None of us will be better off.

Now, stop it! Or I'm leaving home. :heartbreak:

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@UtopianGames said:
    we were never in the running

Can confirm.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Things happen in life and business some good some bad. It's the way life goes. We just have to move on to what is next and believe in yourself. As they say, "life happens."

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

I still think Gamesalad is a hugely undervalued tool. It's best days are ahead of it! And this is coming from somebody who has owned Pro for 5 years, and released only one game.

• KnightStarKnightStar Member Posts: 162

@UtopianGames - You know, whatever the hell happened in the past between you and the guys at GS, it's the past. You guys did great work and pushed out some hella-cool templates that helped a number of users get their apps off the ground, and for that, I'm personally grateful.

That said, no use dredging up the past.. I'm more interested in the future and what GS has planned in the days to come...

• thedylans124thedylans124 Member, PRO Posts: 1

I keep trying to get the free 50 template bundle on DeepBlueApp's but whenever I go to the cart it says its empty. :(

Sorry but we said when the shopping cart subscription on DBA ran out that would be the end of DBA, think it ran out a few weeks ago, its simply not worth the expense anymore because template sales are all but dead.

You can get everything I've ever made in my 170 games bundle on GSHelper if that helps?

http://gshelper.com/shop/gamesalad-templates/170-games-templates/

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    edited July 2016

It's Brexit all the way ;)
    Good luck Darren @UtopianGames with wathever comes next. I always liked the stuff you made and still use your tools. Are you staying in the gaming business?