Accelerometer problems with autorotate

cmasterenkocmasterenko Member Posts: 52
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I'm trying to create an iPad game utilizing the accelerometer to control a moving object, but with the autorotate rule you need to move the iPad the opposite direction of the direction you want the object to move with the landscape going one way, but it works fine with landscape going the other way. What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Choose only 1 auto rotate option in every scene attribute then when publishing only choose 1 of the orientations. Your game does not have to rotate mine are approved and they don't rotate Ghost Words HD and Wacky Curcus Punball HD
  • cmasterenkocmasterenko Member Posts: 52
    I thought Apple was rejecting iPad apps for not autorotating. Does this not apply when you utilize the accelerometer?
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    Ghost words does use accel. Wacky does not. Think they look past it because it's a game and does not have a time carrier header on the screen
    edit
    they talked to me through email about pinball and never said it had to rotate
  • betazerobetazero Member Posts: 39
    I brainstormed and made not only a fix but something that works pretty great for autorotate & accelerometer. It flips the controls backwards when the iphone/ipad is upside-down. Hope it helps you like it does me. It will also make the Apple people happy . It uses gravity to check which way the device is resting. Also I put a tilt angle toggle to adjust what angle you want the actor to be at rest in the Accelerometer X access

Thanks,
    Betazero

Here is the link to the project:
    http://gamesalad.com/game/play/51749
  • betazerobetazero Member Posts: 39
    You do not actually have to use gravity. I updated the project to work without gravity. Download and install to your device. Does not do anything as a web ap.