London Indies

So there's a pub night every 1st Monday of the month at Angel for indie devs. I'll be going tonight and testing out one of my new games too.

If any London based GS peeps are around and want to go the details are here: http://www.londonindies.com/pub-night/

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited December 2012
    I'll probably be up that way this evening, what's the deal, do we all wear red roses in our lapels or do we recognise each other by our iPads ?
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    @Socks - It's full fancy dress. The theme is 'Lara Croft'.

But if your local costume shop is all out of Lara outfits then just look for the tables with the 'reserved for London Indies' cards on them. It's not a huge pub so yeah, you'll spot the laptops and iPads easily enough.

Shaz
    Luckily I already have a Lara Croft consume, if I'm able to make it you'll recognise me by my enormous false breasts.
    @Socks - Ok I'll look out for them. I'll be in the functional and comfortable short shorts.

I think peeps usually get there from 7ish. I'll get there between 7 and 8.
    >"I'll be in the functional and comfortable short shorts"

Sounds terrifying, but nothing half a dozen pints won't take the edge off.
    @HoneyTribeStudios

I wasn't able to make it last night, but hopefully I will get the chance soon, how may people turn up to these nights ?
    edited December 2012
    @Socks - Ok no worries. Yeah yesterday was good. Dev meetups in London always are - they tend to attract a good crowd. I reckon around 30-40 peeps were there yesterday for the London Indies area of the pub.

Also very useful for helping me to see what I need to change in one of my upcoming games.
    @HoneyTribeStudios

(laughing at my spelling error: "How may people turn up to these nights . . . " - I sound very posh, of course I meant: How MANY people . . . . )

: )

Sounds like it's worth popping in one night (and an excuse to get drunk).

I'll catch you there as soon as I get a free Monday evening.
    @Socks Indeed, one may enjoy a beverage or two at such occasions if one pleases.

Keep in mind it's once a month though - the first Monday of each month.