A quick question about the new overscan feature.

ilovepixarilovepixar Member, PRO Posts: 28
edited November 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hey guys- I'm still getting familiar with the new overscan feature in GameSalad and had a question about how to achieve a desired camera position based on the resolution of the screen. I began with this tutorial:

I updated the graphics from a Legacy iPhone Portrait game to an iPhone 5 Portrait game where the top portion of the screen could be cropped off. Essentially when the scene loads, I wanted to have the camera positioned in the bottom left of the screen and follow a ball inside the tracking area as the game progresses. To achieve this, I created an unlocked invisible actor with these rules:

If game.screen.Size.Height is "568" change scene.Camera.Origin.Y to "0"
OTHERWISE
Change scene.Camera.Origin.Y to "-44"

At first this actually did work, however when I went into the Camera Mode and shrunk the tracking area of the camera, the iPhone Legacy Portrait (Cropped) view in the Preview does not place the bottom edge of the camera on the bottom edge of the scene but rather the camera is slightly raised on the scene. It's as though I can only align the camera with the bottom of the scene if the tracking area height includes the object that controls the camera. I played with the camera's origin numbers and the camera doesn't adjust it's origin when the camera's tracking area doesn't include the object that controls the camera.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this or have a working example they could post?