Problem with generate/signing app

DesiDesi Member Posts: 25
Hi,

Is there a problem with generate apps here at GS?
I have many apps in these 2 years, but suddenly the signing app function failed: code signing error 1.
I have tried it for 10 times again and again and removed all codes/bundle identifier etc. every time I tried again...but nothing than the same error.
Also for my earlier uploaded apps that's now in the appstore 2 weeks ago, I can't even update them anymore.

This says the error:
Make sure your provisioning profile, developer certificate, and WWDR certificate are installed, valid, not expired or duplicated, and signed with a private key in the keychain on the computer you are signing with.

But all is ok here on my mac!

Looking forward for an answer, thanks!

Comments

• famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834
    Upgrade Xcode to latest version older version not working ith new gs and publishing server of gs.
  • ryudojo23ryudojo23 Member, PRO Posts: 5
    i have the same problem and the update didnt fix it?
  • stackpoolestackpoole Melbourne, Victoria, AustraliaMember, PRO Posts: 473
    Hi mate,
    I think you must make sure the "XCODE" in your applications folder is the 4.5 version..

As was the case for me, the xcode in my applications folder was 4.3, however I had thought i had xcode 4.5 (it was in external place, not applications folder). Once I deleted the 4.3 version from applications, I added the 4.5 in applications and the problem was fixed.

should you continue to have the error, I recommend following the following (sent to me from Gamesalad support)

Prerequisites:

1. Before proceeding any further, please make sure you have the most recent public (not developer pre-release) build of Xcode installed on this computer. At this time that is version 4.5.

2. In Xcode's Organizer window, select "refresh." This is located under 'Library-> Provisioning Profiles'. On the bottom right hand side of the Organizer window select 'Refresh' and enter your credentials used when going to Apple's developer portal.

Now, please follow these steps to troubleshoot.

1. While in Organizer, delete any expired or invalid provisioning profiles.

Launch Keychain access

2. In your 'System' Keychain- open your Apple WWDR certificate and ensure its its marked as "System Defaults" and not "Always Trust" under the "Trust" drop down. Do this for ALL certificates present in your 'System' and 'Login' keychain.

3. Make sure you do not have duplicate Certificates in your 'Login' Keychain and 'System' keychain. Your development and distribution certificates should be in the "login" keychain only.

4. Make sure all Certificates in your 'Login' have a grey arrow that exposes a private key

5. Make sure your 'Apple WWDR', 'Software Signing' and 'Apple Code Signing Certificate Authority' are the only certificates in your 'System' keychain.

6. Ensure that the bundle identifier used to generate the app is being signed with the appropriate Provisioning Profile. Example: Using a distribution provisioning profile and attempting to sign with a developer, wont work.

To recap:

In the 'Login' Keychain there should be your Distribution and Development Certificates without duplicates.

The 'System' Keychain should have the following Certificates:

'Apple WWDR'
    'Software Signing'
    'Apple Code Signing Certificate Authority'

All thre certificates should 'Trust' the 'System Defaults'.

Once completed, please re-upload your project through GameSalad Creator, and regenerate your app. Then attempt to sign it again.

if you continue to get the error, I suggest contacting support!

Hope this helps,

Sydney Swans 2014!!

• mintmomegmintmomeg Member, PRO Posts: 261
    @brendanzh926 I try everything already but It still not work any more suggestion ... I try even uninstall all xcode and install again ... one strange thing is I try to delete all certificate in 'Login' keychain and provision profile in organizer and refresh ...then check at keychain again I still found 2 IOS developer certificate all the time ... even I delete it and open again it back...
  • stackpoolestackpoole Melbourne, Victoria, AustraliaMember, PRO Posts: 473
    Hello,
    although already checked, make sure your OS for your mac is 10.7.5+
    perhaps try making new certificates, really not sure why it's wrong/not working,
    refer to http://cookbook.gamesalad.com/tutorials/3/parts/12

if that doesn't work, I really think you should contact support.

Sydney Swans 2014!!

• greenrhynogreenrhyno Member, PRO Posts: 152
    Hi mate,
    I think you must make sure the "XCODE" in your applications folder is the 4.5 version..

As was the case for me, the xcode in my applications folder was 4.3, however I had thought i had xcode 4.5 (it was in external place, not applications folder). Once I deleted the 4.3 version from applications, I added the 4.5 in applications and the problem was fixed.
    Hey man, this totally saved my Saturday!! I had xcode 4.5 inside of a separate folder so I could also keep 4.3 in my applications. Since Mountain Lion, 4.3 won't even open anymore anyways. I just deleted xcode 4.3, moved 4.5 to the root Applications folder, and presto my app signing works again!!! I was getting the dreaded Error Code 1 and thought I'd have to redo all of my certificates but it was in fact this xcode problem with GameSalad trying to access the wrong xcode version. Thanks so much!

• Dazza006Dazza006 Member Posts: 248
    Hi,
    Just Contacted support, been having the same problems for a couple of days very annoying I know.
    I have the latest version of Xcode too, Hopefully this will be sorted soon.