GS Marketplace submission rejected due to apparent copyright in name and art style!!!!

EIGHTHSINEIGHTHSIN Member Posts: 132
edited November 2012 in Tech Support
Hi Gamesalad team,

I have to start by saying I am completely outraged by the message I have received regarding my submission to the marketplace!

I submitted a template some time ago, which I will not name due to your advertising rules, however I do not accept your reasons for not listing it to the marketplace!

I based everything upon what is current on your marketplace, and your team have singled me out one too many times, I have had enough!!!

I would like this issue addressed immediately!

Comments

• LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    Hey, cool down. You're absolutely in the right, so the best thing to do is make the people who are in charge aware of the situation. Which template? If its Free Flow, then just change up the colors. Its not like the game had super unique art. Templates shouldn't normally include art which pose copyright risks. This is why Utopian generic muscle guy works, but a mario duplicate doesn't.

As for naming... I was under the impression that templates could bear the name of the games that they were designed to mimic. There are a bunch of named templates on the marketplace, including Fruit Ninja, Temple Run, Command and Conquer, etc. Will the marketplace be removing these as well?

Tagging @SaladStraightShooter for clarification. Thanks!
  • DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
    I hope they help you get these to market. I've been really interested in your templates. You do some fantastic work! Agreed ^. Temple Run is a prime example! It's literally called "Temple Run".

From what I've seen of your templates the artwork looks generic enough, as for the names, IDK, ask then what they'd find acceptable i guess. All else fails there are other marketplaces.
  • EIGHTHSINEIGHTHSIN Member Posts: 132
    By Gamesalad standards, when has the name or art work for submission been an issue? Have you seen the tiny wings template? or the fruit ninja one for that matter... the list only goes on.

This is rubbish! I spent a long time and effort on my template, based upon what is being supported by the marketplace, for them to give me such a poor reason for not approving it!

• LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    Right. But lets wait until we hear from SSS. Either one of two things will happen. Either they enforce the standards they have set on you, and remove half the games from the Marketplace, or alternatively, they alter their standards, and permit your game into the marketplace. Now, I haven't seen your template, so I don't know how the art looks, but you should be golden on the naming issue.
    Hi Guys,

I am still awaiting news regarding this issue, can someone have this brought to the attention of who it may concern.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Yes it says at the top of the site - thanksgiving holiday.
    Cheers guys, I'm from the UK, so didn't realise.

I'll wait until next week for some feedback...
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    edited November 2012
    @EIGHTHSIN Are you going to upload flow free in marketplace? I sent you msg. Please check and reply

I am tag @SaladStraightShooter so he get the attention in this thread after long weekend... :)
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited November 2012
    As you didn't really explain, is there material that would be considered copyrighted? Nobody should violate a copyright as we all here rely on them to protect our work. If GS has any copyrighted material being sold on marketplace it should all be removed.
    Hi, can someone get back to me on this issue?
    @SaladStraightShooter

Thank you for getting back to me,

Ok, I didn't send the name for the template, however the project was entitled Bejeweled final or something along them lines so I can see where the confusion came from. In my submission, I was not requested to name the template. I thought I would have to await acceptance before going into naming and adding template details etc. However when it does come to naming it, I will follow the general trend and name it "Bejeweled Type Template" do you have any objection to this?

In what respect is the artwork "almost identical" I use completely different backgrounds, my fill meter is completely different, and the jewel is a shape, they do not have the rights over a shape. The destroy animations are completely unique??? Am I missing something?

• creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    @SaladStraightShooter I am totally agree with EIGHTHSIN. I watched his bejeweled video from the beginning and I think there is no similarity with the original one. He really did good job and its working very smooth and works very professional. So I think you should accept his template.
  • DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
    This made me giggle.

I really like the new "cookie baker" temple in the marketplace but you can't really knock a guy for jewel graphics (which always looks like jewels no matter how you draw them) but this is okay.

#2cents
  • gck7600gck7600 Member Posts: 2
    Is there any update to this template being accepted because I have checked the marketplace and it isn't there.
  • gck7600gck7600 Member Posts: 2
    @sss - Thank you for commenting. I have read that this type of template is not easy to do with the current version of the engine, so let's hope that the creator of this post finds a way to get this great template out there for people to learn from and enjoy.