help with physics

hangnhangn Member Posts: 28
Hi,
I'm trying to create a game in which there is blocks that must hit the ground and stop. However, the blocks bounce even though restitution is set to zero, density and friction set to 2000, and gravity set to 350. How can I fix it?

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Make sure the restitution, or bounciness, is set up 0 on both the blocks and the ground.
  • hangnhangn Member Posts: 28
    It is set to 0 but still it didn't work
  • famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834
    Give it this attribute accelerate to zero, direction to zero relative to scene when colliding.
    @wickedsunny I added a rule that when there is collision between block and ground it collides and accelerates to zero, direction to zero, relative to scene but it didn't work.
    @wickedsunny could you explain more?
  • ElfizmElfizm Member Posts: 489
    I had this problem ages back, and the response I got was that GS doesn't continiusly look if there is a collusion. Which is why the blocks go under each other for a split second. GS then notices there has been a collide and goes oops. That's not meant to be under and it gets pushed up causing the bounce effect.

But i am sorry to say that after weeks if trail and error and asking I did not come up or was provided with a solution. I ended up using tables for mine but was restricted in the freedom if blocks

All the best and I hope you find a solution :)

Elfizm