Disappearing Rules...

Does anyone have a fix for rules that have disappeared from view in the editor but still are working? I have a fairly long and complex rule set in one actor and they have as I've said disappeared. I have quit and reopened but no joy. This would be a real help if anyone can solve it. Cheers Kipper

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Are you sure you don't have an instance (unlocked actor) in play here?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Checked it first. So not that. thanks
  • brenmcguiganbrenmcguigan Member Posts: 1
    Sorry to jump in on this topic (I googled and found this thread). But this is happening to me too. I've assigned basic movement to an Actor and after 'playing/testing' the actor the behaviours are gone!

This has happened in 0.10.0 and 0.10.1 versions on two different Macs. In both cases I have saved the game, exited and then tried to load up the file again to find that the behaviours are still gone!

Thanks for any/all replies.
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    @brenmcguigan - Can you send me your project file with a short description of which actor(s) I should look at and what the expected behavior(s) are? You can post it here or send me a private message.

Are either of you using GameSalad Creator in a network environment? I recently found out that network saving is not supported. I had been having my students save their files to network home directories and the files were getting corrupted.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    edited November 2012
    @uptimistik mmmm.... erased the actor and rebuilt it. Afterward someone told me that it might have been possible to fix it. (I'm guessing the xml file somewhere). Next time I seek out those who know before I get frustrated and take the hard way out. cheer kip

p.s. not networked @tatiang but thanks for the offer but as I say its a fixed....
  • criticalmedialabcriticalmedialab Member Posts: 1

I have this same problem with the mac version I just downloaded for free. Thinking of using this for my class, but not if a bug from 2012 still exists!

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@criticalmedialab you might want to try the online version: https://creator.gamesalad.com

We'd need to see the project to see if there's anything about the rule that's preventing its display. PM me a link to the project or publish it and PM me the link and I'll take a look.