Kernel panic when running gamesalad

FirstDanFirstDan Member Posts: 208
edited November 2012 in Tech Support
Hi

i keep getting this issue when running gamesalad for long periods.

I can remember that i had been using it for 3-4 hours, i had 4 display texts on my screen for debugging purposes.

I noticed towards the end that the viewer was stuttering ever so slightly.

I reinstalled Lion after my mac crashed on Saturday and guess what i didnt have a backup plan. I managed to recover most of my data, I am now using the time machine facility and constantly backing up.

Is this a cause with my mac mini or with gamesalad? The kernel panic only appears when shutting down the mac.

Comments

• capitalcarnagecapitalcarnage Member Posts: 371
    @firstdan - my early 2012 mini was a nightmare for kernal panics this has since stopped after an upgrade to mountain lion, and I don't think GS was at fault, well certainly not for my problem. I also suffered corruption to the OS on the same day every months for 3 months, apple switched out the HD and all seems fine.
  • FirstDanFirstDan Member Posts: 208
    @capitalcarnage - thanks for the reply, maybe i should take it to the apple store and get it replaced, but should i wipe the disk clean before giving it to them? and am i covered with my 1 year guarantee?
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Do you have third party ram? You could have a bad chip.
  • capitalcarnagecapitalcarnage Member Posts: 371
    If they find a problem then your repair should be covered by the Warranty, however as @fryingbaconstudios says, if its bad third party ram they may not be so helpful. do you have third party ram in it?
    yes i have 8gb of crucial memory in their?
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November 2012
    Kernal pannics are not always a software related issue (typically somethig jacking or damaged with OS system resources). I've seen external devices cause funkyness before, even USB hubs (also ram, pram or bad power management settings). Isolate your mac from other devices and give it a test go.

I if persists follow these this:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3742

Remove that third party ram in your testing.
    rp- thanks, i do have a usb stick attached to back up gameproj, and a 1 tb my passport for time machine
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited November 2012
    oops... already suggested above.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User