Using the AppSigner to test a windows8 game

HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
edited October 2012 in Tech Support
Wondering if anyone can help me get my windows 8 game up and running?

I have visual studio ultimate 2012 installed. I have the AppSigner installed.

When right clicking on the AppSigner shortcut, I can't select 'run as administrator' as it's greyed out.

If I run the appsigner I just get the following:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
configuration
startup
supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" /
/startup
/configuration

(I deleted the tags in this post so the code will show up)

Where do I click so that I can open my win8 game file?

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

Answers

• HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Hmm, I have no option to 'run in powershell' when right clicking on Add-AppxDevPackage.ps1

So... close... to .... running... app...!
  • jkanalakisjkanalakis Member, PRO Posts: 49
    After the app is signed using the Windows signing app - and after running the PowerShell script to install and test the game in Windows 8 - how do you create the .appxupload package that is submitted to the App Store?

Thank you,

John K.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    After the app is signed using the Windows signing app - and after running the PowerShell script to install and test the game in Windows 8 - how do you create the .appxupload package that is submitted to the App Store?

Thank you,

John K.
    the zip file you download from GS contains the ..appxupload file, and a folder that contains the .appx file you use to test with.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Hmm, I have no option to 'run in powershell' when right clicking on Add-AppxDevPackage.ps1

So... close... to .... running... app...!
    you might be missing some developer settings, check out this page:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh847889.aspx

i see something about enabling a 'show administrator tools' option that you might have to enable?
    Thanks for the suggestion.

I got it working in the end. Not quite sure what the problem was, the only real difference was that I moved everything over to 'my documents'. Before that all the files were somewhere else. Seems odd that would make any difference though.

And after all that... the game didn't quite work properly.

But on the positive side it runs at full screen without any black borders. (I'd published it at ipad size as recommended by Billy - he had mentioned you might get black borders). And the parts that do work work very smoothly.

I'll send the game file in to GS with a bug report. It seems like the windows 8 versions has a problem with collisions and/or spawning.

It's the game below. So unfortunately the bit that doesn't work is the match 3 mechanic which is the central part of the gameplay. Also the game can get stuck when using the in-app browser. If you visit a web page and then close it to come back to the game - sometimes you are stuck on a white screen. And if you exit the game and come back to it - sometimes the music will play, sometimes it won't.

But apart from that, as far as I can tell so far, everything else was working as it should.

• mintmomegmintmomeg Member, PRO Posts: 261
    edited October 2012
    Help please I follow step till right clicking on Add-AppxDevPackage.ps1 then powershell pop up and then close after 1 sec
  • mintmomegmintmomeg Member, PRO Posts: 261
    ok I found problem in my parrell desktop I use window 7 .. so now I buy upgrade to window 8 and then all problem fix