how to get the ad hoc app for test on iPhone or iPad?

victorzerovictorzero Member Posts: 2
edited September 2012 in Tech Support
I am new to both gamesalad and iphone app dev, so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions.

I built a demo one of my simple game and try to make sure the entire dev process with it.
I can test it in gamesalad by pressing play, but how can I get one for testing in the real devices?

I tried publishing it and after pressing "generate app" button in iPhone or iPad column, a message like "Congratulations. Your app is ready! You asked us to build it on Sep 26 at 05:12 UTC. To start the app the signing process click here" popup, and I can not find any thing to download.

Must I finish the signing process first to continue downloading the generated app, or I could download one and sign it later but before really publishing ?
I am confused with the test and publish procedures and I don't want to publish it before tests done...

Could you please let me know the steps you follow to generate one for test and publish, thanks!

Comments

• blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but does anyone have an answer for this? Once I get the .app file it tells me it's not supported on this Mac. I've tried to drag it in to the apps folder in Xcode organizer but it won't let me.
    I've followed all the tutorials but can't figure out how to ad-hoc test/publish my game
    Thanks!

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited August 2013
    Have you got an Apple Developer license? Have you signed the app? And have you installed the profiles on your device/computer? See the cookbook for instructions on how to do all that if not.

If yes to all of those, open Xcode, click the Organizer button (top right), click on your device from the list on the left, press Applications, and then press the + button to browse for and install your app. Your device has to be plugged in to your computer.

When you install the application again on the device you can either delete the app completely which will delete all data and attributes or press the plus button and install over the top of the current one which won't delete your saved attributes.
    @KevinCross Yes I have done those things. In the organizer though the + button is unclickable. :|

Bump

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    Check that Xcode is all up to date and that your device iOS is up to date too. It would normally say on the device in Organizer if either needs updating.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Do you have all the certificates and profiles and key in your key chain? Does Xcode say all you profiles are valid. Did you put a provisioning profile on your device? Do you have your device registered on you developer account?
    @FryingBaconStudios Yes. I am updating Xcode now so i'll see if that helps.

Phew, the update fixed it! Thank you so much