Obscure crashing behaviour with Particle systems

rotorrotor Member Posts: 25
edited September 2012 in Tech Support
Hi,

I have a particular actor, which contains only particle systems, no other visual elements, and no other logic. When any of the particle systems in this actor is enabled on runtime, and I change the scene (condition: press key; change scene, no other logic), GameSalad will hang.

For some reason, the particle systems on this actor will not work at all, in that they don't spawn particles; I have debugged this with a simple "press button to fire" condition. I have set all parameters of the particle system to integer values (e.g. non-referenced values), this doesn't make any different.

Interestingly enough, I have other particle systems active which work normally. When copying a working particle system over into the troubled actor, the problematic behaviour I described above also flaws the pasted "logic".

I have tried to delete the particle generating actors and placing them again in the scene. This didn't make a difference. The actors have worked before, and I hadn't changed anything to this actor for a while. The actor is set in a fairly complex scene, but as a system, it's very contained. I'm pretty much running out of ideas on how to fix this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments