iAd trouble

MSEagle2MSEagle2 Member, PRO Posts: 98
edited September 2012 in Tech Support
first off:
yes I am a pro member
in itunes connect it shows my app as green and displaying live ads

So about a week ago my free app went live with iAds and playhaven. However in iTunes connect it says that there have been only 2 requests and no ad views. Both impressions are from the Netherlands (I live in the US and my account is registered in US). I opened my app and saw ads so I know it works. I have had a few hundred downloads so obviously something is wrong if it says only 2 requests have occurred. Could really use some help, thanks!

the app is called "Bag of Marbles Free" if someone wants to check and see if they see any ads.

Comments

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    I have always found it slow to rev up to speed in a first release. I'd give it time for your app to clock up some serious downloads.

You should look at impressions and requests (ignore click data for now). Impressions is how many ads are displayed and request are how many request are made to display an ad. As in impressions are success and requests are simply that.

Anyway looking at those figures should tell you if impressions are getting thru.

Data can be pretty light for iAds. I can get sometimes get only 40% fill rates and small impression numbers.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Yeah, like @LycetteBros said, give it more time. More downloads mans more people playing your game. More people playing your game means more ad revenue.

I think it also depends on the app. My word game only has 800 downloads and it produces about a dollar a day. Sometimes more. My new arcade game has many more downloads then that and it only produces about 8-25 cents a day.

Anyway, give it time and don't let this bring you down to a level where you won't continue making great games.
  • jdgouldjdgould Member, PRO Posts: 114
    I noticed some of my kids apps are getting a lot of requests, but not impressions. I am assuming it is because these apps are primarily for kids. Has anyone experienced this? My other Apps are getting requests and impressions, just not the young kids apps? When the kids apps first launched, they were getting both requests, impressions and clicks, but a couple days later only requests.
  • tkullatkulla Member Posts: 64
    Apple is no longer displaying ads in games meant for kids. This changed happened just after my two-player multiplication game was released, and even though I didn't specify the primary market as children (I was actually aiming at math teachers) because the game has cartoon monkeys in it they changed its status to a kid game and pulled all the advertising. Since quite a few of us make education apps and kids games I'm hoping for an advertising alternative (or banner-style backup if Apple doesn't fill) so that we can still use the free download with ads model.