Stop cannon firing when pressing pause button - help

idaburnidaburn Member Posts: 0
edited August 2012 in Tech Support
I added the great 'sliding menu' from the Gamesalad tutorial. It worked great on a blank screen but now i have added the cannons into the screen they are still firing when i press the pause button.
How can i tell it not to fire when pressing the pause?
Thanks.
Ian

Comments

• mike0311mike0311 Member Posts: 5
    I know this is an old post but I am having the same problem and can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be great.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Create a boolean attribute called "Pause" - When you touch the pause button, change that boolean to true. When you unpase, change it to fasle.

Now, in your cannon actor that is shooting while the pause is still on, add another condition to the rule - When attribute pause is false.

That will keep it from firing when it's paused.
    okay so I tried this and still can't get it to work. I am new to gamesalad and am testing things outs. I am using tshirtbooth cannon shooter game and am trying to get his sliding menu to work with this game. I can get it to not fire when I hit the first pause button at the top of the screen but when I push the second pause button on the sliding menu the cannon still fires. Again I am brand new to gamesalad so I'm sure it is something simple I just can't figure it out. Thanks
    I finally got it to work. It was actually more simple than I thought. Thanks for all the help and patience with it. :D