Rules not fitting to GameSalad screen

CobraBladeCobraBlade Member Posts: 97
edited August 2012 in Tech Support
I've got this annoying reoccurrence of some rules within rules not fitting to GameSalad.
What I mean by this, normally you'll have the (X) at the top right of a rule, but when they decided to go off screen you can't see the (X) and it also means you can't get to the (-)(X) of any of the Conditions on the right side as they also go out of the screen. Is there any way to stop this?

(Still using 0.9.94 since I'm on Snow Leopard until I've finished porting my PGF game Soulless over to GameSalad)

Comments

• KiwiLeeKiwiLee Member Posts: 181
    +1 I get the same issue with nested rules! I need to close them all and then restart the project. Been meaning to raise as a bug for a while!
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Yeah I get that too sometimes (GS 0.9.9.4). When it does clicking back and then forward in the navigation will fix it.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited August 2012

@CobraBlade

Yes, I agree with you, @KiwiLee and @HoneyTribeStudios - it is annoying.

If your screen is small, drag the column divider handle over to the left to reduce the width of the left column (the one that includes Attributes, Library, etc), and if you drag all the way, it'll hide it for the while and all your Rules will have much more width to show all the pluses and minuses.

If you've a fairly large monitor, just make the whole Editor window wider....

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• CobraBladeCobraBlade Member Posts: 97
    Thanks @HoneyTribeStudios
    That certainly saved me some time not having to restart GameSalad completely.

Off topic, but just wanted to say Hey @gyroscope cool to see you. Nice to see some familiar faces from the PGF community also over here.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    edited August 2012

Hey Cobra! I did wonder if you are the one and the same from the PGF community; great to hear from you!

For interest, I know Mixel joined here at GSC Towers a year or so ago but only posted once or twice then vanished (perhaps GSC wasn't his thing); don't know about any others tho'...

I guess people are still using PGF with its last version (if it runs on Lion/Mountain Lion that is...); such a shame Jess stopped working on it, wasn't it. Still, we've got GSC now! \:D/ I look forward to seeing your games made with it. :-)

P.S For the benefit of those members who wonder what PGF is/was: it's Power Game Factory by Sawblade Software (no longer supported; code made open source about 4 years ago):

http://www.sawbladesoftware.com/sawbladesoftware/products/powergamefactory/indextop.html

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• CobraBladeCobraBlade Member Posts: 97
    It'll be interesting to see if anyone else jumped over to GameSalad from PGF. Unfortunately PGF was still PPC so hasn't worked since Snow Leopard. So I'm still using SL until I port my PGF game over to here.

Mixel seems pretty busy these days. He hasn't been able to update his web comic much either so I guess he isn't creating games anymore. Shame since it would have been cool to see how his Zombie Holiday game would have been like in GameSalad.

Any chance of Glub and The Caves of Unam making an appearance on GameSalad?