Flow Free Template or how to do it.

MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
edited August 2012 in Community Tutorials
Hello There, how are you?

Does someone have a template for a game like Flow Free http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flow-free/id526641427?mt=8

Or have an Idea on how to do it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Yeah, sure could. Almost all the logic is there, I think.
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Yes, maybe that helps, will give it a try, thanks Dudes!
    mmm not so easy to use that template for this kind of game.
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    @MagoNicolas I already asked tsb, dba and others all said that its very complicated to make in gamesalad. Even Crazycam started on that he did well and stop because of lots of complex as per his statement. I am looking for that template if you are able to do it let me know I am interested in paid stuff.

Thanks,
    John
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Downloading the game now. I'll get back to you in the morning.
    @tenrdrmer Thanks waiting for your reply.
    edited August 2012
    @magonicolas I have some Ideas to make this work. I'll hve to play around with it a little though to see if my idea will work.
    Great, Hope someone can do it, im also working on some ideas!
    @xforce

Very nice. Are you spawning or using replicate?
  • xforcexforce Member Posts: 187
    @tendrmer using spawn atm. still needs a bit of fine tuning here and there. actually enjoyed putting this together
    My idea was to somehow use replicate to be able to move around the screen very fluid like similar to the existing game. I have been just so slammed I have not been able to sit down and take a stab yet.

That does seem to be somewhat effective. How does it do with backing up or changing direction?
    @xforce

I am interested to purchase this template. I watched the video in thread. You really did great job. I have few questions and want to see that in video. Or you can send me mac version so I can try it myself.

1) What happen once I am backing up or changing direction? ( same as tenrdrmer asked)

2) I want to make 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8 & 9x9 blocks is that easier as per your template to modify?

3) For example I want to call 100 levels from table. Is that possible with your coding?

Please send me mac version demo so I can test it and its secure so you dont need to worry

Thanks,
    John
    @creativeapps First and foremost @magonicolas started this thread and asked for this to be made. So I have to ask that you back off just a bit and give the man asking for this a chance at his first dibs. He did ask not you. if its not what he wants or he's cool with anyone and everyone getting a copy then by all means but for all we know he's willing to Pay @xforce a pretty penny to have exclusive rights to what ever he decides to sell. Me personally I know for sure I would give mago first dibs at anything I made for this simply because he's the one asking for help. and not begging for free stuff.

It would be a real dick move to go and hand out a copy of exactly what he is wanting to anyone who wants it.
    edited August 2012
    @tendremer

would be interesting to see how that version goes. though on free flow its not as smooth looking as you'd initially think. try playing the game with your pinky so your finger tip doesnt obstruct your view from the line. you can see their line actually "jumping" in or spawning in the same way. i noticed theres a circle though constraining to their touch position which i think help gives it the illusion of being fluid. but i can see that their line segments overlap half way into each square grid. i didnt notice this until after i did mine. i only have the segments spawning as you touch the next square itself rather than when you get close to the next square. lol im still working out the changing direction and backing up part. ill post another video tmrw hopefully.

@creativeapps all that needs to be done to create different levels is give different locations for the circles. yes you could call the x/y from a table. like for example, if i were to move those circles to different squares, the game would still play the same. theres a rule in there that checks that all the circles are connected and if all the squares are filled with lines.

you could just resize the squares for each difficulty level. if you want to resize them you'll have to realign them so all the squares are touching each other. but possibly you could scale the whole grid automatically? sorry i havnt thought too far ahead yet lol but if i were going to actually put some effort into making a game out of this myself then yeah it wouldnt be a problem to setup the new grids.
    @tendremer i havnt put much thought into what i was going to do with this. i just read the topic and it looked like an interesting challenge to put together.
    AWESOME! Just send you a message, but didn't see this, great job!
    @xforce any updates? Wanted to see finished product video
    @xforce Are you stuck somewhere?
    didnt see your last post. nope not stuck. just havnt had any time to post anything. will update very soon
    @xforce Ok Great really excited to see finished template
  • EIGHTHSINEIGHTHSIN Member Posts: 132
    edited September 2012
    Hi Guys,

I saw this post, and thought I'd take a crack at this too since I'm always up for a challenge. I had never heard of Flow Free until it was brought to my attention by this thread, and it has inspired me to make a similar game, however using 3d boxes instead of the rotating lines. Here is a video of what I have so far, I am not spawning and only using 1 actor (besides the one illustrating the result).

I may create a thread to illustrate my work in progress, leave your thoughts :)

edited September 2012
    Mr.einstein I mean @EIGHTHSIN great work as always. Let us know if you are going to put it in marketplace. I am interested to purchase. You did same what I was expected like the game and with one actor its great.
  • EIGHTHSINEIGHTHSIN Member Posts: 132
    I've created a new thread illustrating my work in progress, for the benefit of all following this thread here's a video showcasing the work achieved so far, however check out the thread to keep to date with my progress if your interested (http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/48611/flow-free-inspired-template-wip#latest)

superb
  • skippertechskippertech Member Posts: 67
    Where is that Deep Blue App Template for pipes?
  • skippertechskippertech Member Posts: 67
    oh wait nevermind:( it cost money