Getting an "Error Code 3" when trying to creating an Adhoc IOS game on MountainLion.

tomhkimtomhkim Member Posts: 6
edited August 2012 in Tech Support
Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me with something I've been struggling with for a while.

I'm getting an "Error Code 3" when trying to creating an Adhoc IOS game on MountainLion. I've verified that the distribution certificates are valid and I have even tried to recreate the certificates and the appid several times.

I'm new to GameSalad development so I have never published an adhoc executable on GameSalad so there is a possibility that something is wrong with my certificates. However, I was able to download a sample Xcode app and was able to create an adhoc executable successfully.

My console log shows the following errors:

8/19/12 7:51:17.574 PM GameSalad[1642]: Code Signing Error: /var/folders/kn/clvnsr0x5wx9_95p5k9_hphc0000gp/T/GameSalad0/Output58.app: replacing existing signature
codesign_allocate: for architecture armv6 object: /private/var/folders/kn/clvnsr0x5wx9_95p5k9_hphc0000gp/T/GameSalad0/Output58.app/Multiplication malformed object (unknown load command 9)
/var/folders/kn/clvnsr0x5wx9_95p5k9_hphc0000gp/T/GameSalad0/Output58.app: object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
8/19/12 7:51:17.574 PM GameSalad[1642]: Results written to /var/folders/kn/clvnsr0x5wx9_95p5k9_hphc0000gp/T/GameSalad0/signingLog.txt
8/19/12 7:51:17.575 PM GameSalad[1642]: ERROR: Code signing failed. Make sure your provisioning profile, developer certificate, and WWDR certificate are installed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    check out this thread from a few days ago:
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/341205/

basically there is a bug publishing mac apps via mountain lion. hotfix is due end of the week. if you are publishing something else, it still might be a problem on your end.
  • tomhkimtomhkim Member Posts: 6
    I'm trying to publish an iOS app so I don't think that tread applies. I know it might be a problem on my end but I have run out of things to do.

What puzzles me is why I can publish an adhoc app via Xcode but I can't do it via GameSalad.

Also does anybody know what these error codes mean in the console?

/kn/clvnsr0x5wx9_95p5k9_hphc0000gp/T/GameSalad0/Output58.app/Multiplication malformed object (unknown load command 9)
    /var/folders/kn/clvnsr0x5wx9_95p5k9_hphc0000gp/T/GameSalad0/Output58.app: object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable

By the way I'm running with the latest released versions of GameSalad and Xcode.
  • tomhkimtomhkim Member Posts: 6
    I finally fixed by uninstalling an older version of Xcode. When I was upgrading to the new version of Xcode, I had deleted the older version of Xcode (even deleted it from the trash can). But somehow the older version of Xcode was interfering with the publishing process. I had uninstall from terminal by typing the following command.

sudo /Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all

By the way, the above command did not unistall the new version of Xcode that I had. After the older version of Xcode was uninstalled I has able to create an adhoc version of the program.
  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    Yes the old version of xCode needs that command executed. The latest version is installed in the Application folder and all elements are included. This will catch out some people.
    You must uninstall the old version before updating.