my game closes :(

AFMAFM Member Posts: 5
edited August 2012 in Tech Support
I have a little problem when I open my game with my iPad
and press a button to go to the first scene, my game closes

The memory used is 18 mb and the game takes up 30 mb (for now)

I'm from Spain and I use google translator so excuse my English

Comments

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598

@AFM

Hi, I think the only way to solve your problem is to make a copy of your game. Keep the original in a safe place. Work on the copy of the game and delete items one at a time. Try opening it on iPad. If it still closes, delete something more. Carry on until it opens, then you can find out what has become corrupted and was causing your game to close.

When you know the cause of the problem you can replace the problem actor or behaviour in the actual game.

This all seems a lot of work but I can't think of what else you can do to solve your problem.

Another way you could try only if you have previous versions of your game, is to try opening those until you reach a version that opens OK. Then you know that the version after that contains the problem.

I hope that is some help to you. Good luck in solving your problem.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    Try what @gyroscope says. Also check your formulas. Sometimes when you have invalid formulas, GS crashes, and so does it's app. Best luck!
  • AFMAFM Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2012
    thanks for your answer, but still not working.
    Delete the last actors and deleted what and also attributes the past and still does not work (5 days ago worked perfectly before creating the last actors)

(When I preview with gamesalad not close and not errors)
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    What iPad is it? And is it updated fully?

One of my apps didn't work on the iPad 2 only.
    edited August 2012
    I've found the fault.
    I went back to create the scene with the same actors and worked with the surprise that uses 300 mb of memory for pictures
    (to be cast jailbreak I can see the free ram memory on my device and when you have nothing running is 700mb but when I open the project remains at 200 mb and falling)

How could fix it?

So far I have only 2 actors and various icons (PNG) and I have to put minimum 20, all other actors are jpg

Also I have 2 scene with the attribute pause (by clicking an icon appears) with more png

I hope you have solution

Thanks for your answers
  • GAMEINTERNGAMEINTERN PRO Posts: 56
    edited August 2012
    I had that issue just a day ago when my game crashed on the second page. I found out that it was the images ( JPEG & PNG files ) .

All I did was reduce the file size of the images or actor images on that page. I went from a project size of 43.5 to 28.7 just by reducing image size.

You can also help your performance my making sure move is turned off on your actors that don't move. This is located in the physics settings.

Hope that helps!
  • GAMEINTERNGAMEINTERN PRO Posts: 56
    Also a little thing i do now is in the library I double click and bring up the image and save it to my PC ( MAC ) desktop then I reopen that file and reduced the file size in photoshop or any image editing software you may have. I also tried a PNG conversion site that lowers the file size while keeping quality. That help out a bit too.
  • BarrytheBraveBarrytheBrave Member Posts: 134
    I use this to shrink image file sizes - pretty hand to have as you just drag images in and they get smaller, no saving copies needed.

http://imageoptim.com/
    Thank you very much for your responses, some images I have them in a size of 2048x1536 and then put them to the size gamesalad fair,can that be one of the problems.

I'll change to smaller size and then will put in imageoptim

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my english !