is it possible to use some old games and templates made in 0.8.9 to be used in latest versions of gs

patrick6987patrick6987 Member Posts: 66
edited August 2012 in Tech Support
Its that i have some stuff made in gs 0.8.9 and it won't work etc soon as i click the actor etc it stalls (you can't see the workings) is there a way to make this work in latest versions so i can update the old games and templates to be used again or is it all useless now thanks in advance
also i have quite a few templates that was bought that are old any help much appreciated

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    with the exception of occasional glitches in certain project most old projects still work fine with the newest versions of GS. unfortunately it does happen sometimes where a project file is broken from the old versions. I have never had it happen to me so i'm not exactly sure what you can do to revive it. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

• patrick6987patrick6987 Member Posts: 66
    thanks i'll try to get my head round it
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    I was able to update some of my projects that were made with 0.7 versions so you should be ok.

The problem you've described it's strange, something similar to what you've described happens when you try to open a project taken from inside an .app file.

• patrick6987patrick6987 Member Posts: 66
    you nailed it on the head thats were i took the program from out of the zip file that gave me the project with no entry sign on the original is on another hard drive thanks mark and tenrd :D