is Unity 3d any good

AEPstudiosAEPstudios Member Posts: 110
edited July 2012 in Non-GS Game News
is unity any good for making iPhone apps ( sorry for putting this in working with game salad , didn't know where to put it) also is there coding involved with it

Comments

• MADGamesMADGames Member Posts: 12
    Definitely coding involved in it, dabbled in Unity and UDK before coming to GameSalad to make a simple 2D game.
    Unity is definitely top-notch, but does cost quite a bit in licensing fees, and requires a fair amount of programming language.
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    You can put it under 'Misc', 'Non-GS' or the Unity forum...
  • OskarDeveloperOskarDeveloper Member Posts: 533
    edited July 2012
    I used unity 3d for a while but i never succeeded to make something good in it, im not saying you cant make good games with it because i have seen some pretty cool games made with unity! :D
  • StamuStamu Member Posts: 92
    I think it makes more sense to ask about it in the unity forum, however their forum is not as friendly as this one.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Yes Unity3d is very good, and yes its all scripting.

Could have found that out by searching there site and forum

@Stamu

There forum is friendly and very helpful. You just cant expect to post a question like "How do i make this type of game" or "How do i do this" Without showing that youve made the effort and tried and scripting some code yourself. No ones just gonna tell you what to do or hand you code when you havent even tried or attempted it. Which honestly, is how it should be for all sdk forums.
  • prajpraj Member Posts: 68
    you can create almost anything in unity 3d. i almost fainted at the lines of code. so i came to gamesalad and i will stay until i make enough to go through course to learn code.
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    Yes Unity is really nice but be prepared to do a lot of programming/scripting. They have a free version just like Gamesalad you can play with and learn then step up to the paid version once you are convinced its for you.

Jamie
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    Unity 3D + the PlayMaker plugin( http://www.hutonggames.com/ ) makes Unity 3D much more friendly to non-coders. But its still harder to learn that GS.
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    Unity 3D is very "good". Wasteland 2 is being developed with it.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I am currently using unity and I love it! But it is not for the unlearned as you really must learn java script to work in the engine. I found learning java script pretty easy for me anyway and I love the power of the engine and my 14 year old is currently learning unity. I'm producing an epic game with unity set for release in 2014