How to tap a button and slide to another button and have that second button know its pressed?

kinifikinifi Member Posts: 16
edited July 2012 in Tech Support
I've asked in the Questions part of GameSalad not the Forum and no one seems to know. Any ideas?

Its very simple set up. Two buttons that are activated by being pressed. You tap one button and hold your finger on the screen then slide your finger to second button. The second button is not activated.

Here is a Screenshot of the D-Pad I'm working on.

http://img.viame-cdn.com/photos/4900c410-b5e0-012f-cb28-12313940f372/r600x600.jpg

I hope someone can help me and that its simple.

-Kinifi

Best Answer

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934
    edited July 2012 Accepted Answer
    Touch inside and touc press are conflicting conditions. Pressed means the touch has to actually happen on the actor and inside means the touc can happen anywhere and will trigger when the touch points move inside the actor.

So that's likely why it screwed things up. They don't work together. It's a one or the other kinda thing.

Also in the future pleas don't reject an answer before you try it and find out. As you have said yourself it did actually work. So marking it a wrong answer will only throw users off in the future when they read this thread wanting answers to the same question.

Cheers

Answers

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Have you tried using touch is inside?
  • kinifikinifi Member Posts: 16
    I had - When ANY of these parameters touch is inside & touch is pressed.

It didn't work. You think if I just had "touch inside" on each button it would work?
  • kinifikinifi Member Posts: 16
    Alright so Making it "Touch Inside" works. I wonder why having both "Touch Inside" & "Touch is pressed" and setting it to ANY didn't work? Oh well Thank you!