GameSalad debuts games and publishing arm Ice Cap Games

SFSF Member, Chef Emeritus Posts: 35
edited August 2012 in News from the Dev Team

Hi everyone,

Today we are excited to announce the launch of two original titles, published by Ice Cap Games, in association with Kevin Smith's SMarcade, and developed by Powerhouse Animation and GameSalad’s own internal development team, Game Team One. The games feature pop culture icons Jay & Silent Bob as they make their Apple App Store debut in Too Fat To Fly and Let Us Dance, available on iPhone and iPad.

These two titles, along with an updated Battle Legend Infinity, mark the debut of our publishing arm Ice Cap Games. We created Ice Cap as a way to promote premium mobile and web content, focusing on top tier quality games that benefit from our proprietary distribution technologies and expertise in designing, marketing, distributing and monetizing successful mobile and web games.

Ice Cap will source the majority of its titles from games built on GameSalad technology, and built by members of the GameSalad Community. High quality games are eligible to be published by Ice Cap, and any GameSalad developer is encouraged to submit great games for consideration.

Selected developers will receive exclusive access to custom enhancements still in development, including advanced analytics, cross-promotion technologies, back-end services, access to our native code engine, and other cool features.

In addition, games published by Ice Cap may also receive assistance from our internal game team to integrate sophisticated game mechanics and monetization features such as virtual goods and virtual currency storefronts to optimize the game’s performance and player engagement.

Do your games have what it takes to be a part of Ice Cap? Keep your eyes peeled for more detailed information in the coming weeks on how to submit your games for consideration.

Cheers,

Steve

About the Games:

Jay & Silent Bob in Too Fat to Fly is a challenge-based physics game, where players assist Jay in launching Silent Bob through various environments such as a shopping mall and the streets of New Jersey. Through the completion of challenges, players have the opportunity to unlock special features and upgrades, including new costumes for Jay and Silent Bob. Players can also unlock the extra content by purchasing virtual coins within the game. In celebration of the games launch at San Diego Comic-Con, Too Fat To Fly also features special edition character skins of “Zombie Jay” & “Zombie Silent Bob.” Too Fat to Fly is available for $0.99 on the iTunes App Store.

In Jay & Silent Bob in Let Us Dance, it's breakdance party time with two of New Jersey's favorite residents. Jay's got the moves, and Silent Bob brought his classic boom box full of funky tunes. It's up to you to keep the rhythm and help Jay prove to the rest of Jersey that he’s King of Breakers. Let Us Dance is a match-based rhythm game, challenging players to match colored-button presses to the beat of the music in an effort to prolong Jay’s acrobatic dance moves. The game comes with three unique styles of music, and provides addictive gameplay like only the View Askewniverse can. Jay & Silent Bob in Let Us Dance is now available on the iTunes App Store for free.

LINKS:

Get Too Fat To Fly for iPhone or iPad
Get Let Us Dance! for iPhone or iPad
Learn more about Ice Cap Games

Friend Ice Cap Games on Facebook
Become Ice Cap Games Fan on Twitter

Comments

• AcceleratedGamesAcceleratedGames Member Posts: 201
    edited July 2012
    Wow, things are about to get really cool.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    ahhh weird.

I had already spotted the 2 Jay and Silent Bob games a few days ago, and thought they looked like a bit of fun.

:)
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    Yup, the games are built entirely with GameSalad 0.9.94!

We hope you guys enjoy playing them!
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Yay! Zombies and TNT!
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    Here's a pic of writer/director Kevin Smith giving a demo of the games at his official Comic-Con panel just a few minutes ago!

For more pics of GameSalad and Ice Cap Games at San Diego Comic-Con, check out the Ice Cap Games Facebook Page!
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Sweetness! Can't wait to find out how to submit my entries... :)

If someone is able to publish with Ice Cap, does Ice Cap take a percentage?
  • maxbeaumontmaxbeaumont Member Posts: 616
    Sweetness! Can't wait to find out how to submit my entries... :)

If someone is able to publish with Ice Cap, does Ice Cap take a percentage?
    That's what I was wondering..

With the exclusive enchancements we get if our game is chosen, can we use that on all of our games?

Cheers
    Max
  • JuggerJugger Member, PRO Posts: 238
    But why not retina artwork?
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    Sweet!
  • crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519
    Nice! I can't wait to publish with Ice Cap. :)
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    I saw a news about them on TouchArcade main page few days ago :)
    Well....I've played Let Us Dance.

Well presented, pretty serviceable rhythm game.
    Could do with more songs, but it works well. :)
    (I'd be interested in seeing how they have kept the markers in time with the music....every time I have tried int he past, I could never get it feeling as solid as they do)

One thing (if you guys are talking suggestions on board?). It seems odd that the songs end when there are still markers on the ribbon making their way to the circle. It makes the end just seem to come out of nowhere.

Not tried the other yet.
  • Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Member Posts: 646
    But why not retina artwork?
    @Jugger I think it's not retina because the game runs much better and faster with not-retina-images with the LUA-engine.

Looks nice. It would be great to publish with IceCap :D have two games waiting to publish so still wait for more infos.
    ---
    Benjamin
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    Very cool development, I love seeing Gamesalad grow!

Jamie
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Interesting. So this is kinda like the old GameSalad Direct without the required use? Much nicer to have the option. I will be much more interested to hear what the percentages and such are. Most publishers really take you to the bank on their cut. Hopefully Ice Cap Games is a much more fair percentage.

Cheers
  • slinky1988slinky1988 Member, PRO Posts: 89
    Wow GameSalad really works hard, there's so much to look forward to! Just a quick question, does it matter if our apps are already released or do they have to be un-released in order to be considered?
  • 8bitninja8bitninja Member Posts: 367
    Is the native code engine still coming for non ICE CAP Games games?
    I think it's a fair question in light of this section of the original post though :
    Selected developers will receive exclusive access to custom enhancements still in development, including advanced analytics, cross-promotion technologies, back-end services, access to our native code engine, and other cool features.
    But are you saying that accepted developers will be able to use the Native code engine prior to public release?
    Cool, thanks for the response.
  • mu-kowAPPSmu-kowAPPS Member Posts: 233
    huh, i remember listening to smodcast and them mentioning that they were looking for someone to make iPhone apps for them. i imagine that the too fat to fly is a batman reference and the let us dance is a reference to the jay and silent bob get old segment of the show "let us F***"

they have a bunch of pretty funny podcasts for those of you that don't know.
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    This sounds pretty interesting! Looking forward to hearing more details about Ice Cap Games this week! Good work GameSalad.

- Alex
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    awesome stuff ... very helpful to see how polished and fun GS games can be. I have the Too Fat to Fly and give it a good (by my standards) effort last night and it was great fun and very 'morish'. Left a positive and 5 star review in Canada store. Good luck!
  • nditandita Member Posts: 1
    very nice info!!! i like silent bob games and already have planned for it...thanks a lot
  • J_PANJ_PAN Member Posts: 140
    awesome :D
  • xforcexforce Member Posts: 187
    something im curious to know. like how far in terms of marketing will Icecap go to get published games noticed? Hope its not just making a post about it on the GS website and/or twitter and actually get a decent marketing campaign going for it. To me that would be the main thing that would attract me to something like this otherwise why risk the profit share. Especially if ur game is already finished.

But otherwise very interested and waiting for some more info about this.