• Stormys 'Think Outside The Box' contest has evolved!

StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
edited July 2012 in Conferences and Events

http://www.totgb.com

Stormys GameSalad 'Think Outside The Box' competition has grown up a little into 'Think Outside The Game Box'. After 4 successfully run contests over the past year via the GameSalad forum and my own stormy studio site, it has now evolved into a fully fledged social network for indie developers where the contests will take place.

It's a solid base to host the competitions, game design discussion, showcase work and collaborate and share with like minded skilled developers. Its still in its infancy but I shall to continue to tweak the available tools to make it a great place to promote your skills and apps as well as enter some awesome competitions.

As well as hosting original game design contests where GameSalad users can shine alongside other developers using other software, I hope to bring original video interviews  with successful indie developers and setup a great way for artists and programmers to work together.

It's all very open and allows you to share to all the favourite social sites, promote upcoming apps and ideas and with a click of the button its out at all your accounts. (More connections coming soon).

Add your upcoming app release date as an event for everyone to see and sign up for a reminder as the date arrives.

The site is still adapting to what is called for so if you see anything you'd like added send a message to my account on the site.

Fingers are severely crossed that this grows into a lively online community for indie developers of all ages.

I'll let you all know when the first game design contest is going to start and what prizes are up for grabs.

I hope those who were awaiting TOTB5 now realise whats taken the time… sorry for the delay. I hope to move across some of the info/entries from previous competitions to the site so they can all be seen in the future.

Thanks for looking... its quite amazing how a little competition idea for the benefit of fellow GS users can grow into something...

Cheers

Jon aka stormy

Best Answers

• giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Posts: 914
    Accepted Answer
    Great website, just started using it! Love all the features and I think it will be a great website to host the upcoming contests :)
  • simo103simo103 Posts: 1,331
    Accepted Answer
    Hey Jon .... great website ... appreciate all you do for the community and hope the site does well.

Answers

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Cheers guys... its slowly getting busy on the site with a few more members signed up from other game engines in the last hour.

Be great to see fellow developers sharing the game developments evenly without any 'right or wrong' software to use. I think a lot of people will be surprise at whats being created with GameSalad now a days.
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    same here 404 error..:(
    edited July 2012
    Added a GameSalad Group to the site
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Cool - I signed up.
    Should be fixed soon... serves me right for tinkering without the 100% correct instructions.
    edited July 2012
    @tshirtbooth
    @creativeapps

normal web address now forking 100%, thanks for the heads up. Would really appreciate you guys signing up and having a look at the site.

There are now a few groups on the site for different game making platforms. There's already a few people in the GameSalad group, be great to have you on board as well.
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    @stormystudio site looks great. Just signed up. I love that main room shoutbox and we can see online members.

• crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519
    loving the website!! :)
    Cheers guys...great to see some of you there.

Once the numbers reach certain level I get the first contest up and running.

I've just tweaked the setup so you can now register and sign in with your Facebook or Twitter accounts as well.
    Got a growing number of users on board. The chat function is working really well, had a couple of relaxed 'what you making?' chats with a few developers yesterday. Works like Facebook chat.

@tshirtbooth - no pressure, but just wondering if you had any problems when trying to sign up. It should be working 100% fine...but be good to know if you encountered any bugs or simply haven't pressed the big 'sign up' button.

Cheers

Jon aka stormy...
    TOTGB.com Video Blog 1 -A slightly messy rambling video podcast (my 1st ever) talking about the website, what its for, what it will hopefully become.. plus a brief shout out to some online members... 'Pink bunny man' also gets a mention... and there's a surprise ending...

http://totgb.com/video/totgb-video-blog-1-an-introduction-to-the-indie-game-network-site?xg_source=activity