Need help with error with code signing

zak@applezak@apple Member Posts: 8
edited July 2012 in Tech Support
how do i submit to itunes i get error app failed code sign message thing? help??

Comments

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    You gotta make sure you are selecting the distribution profile and not the developer profile in the publishing process through GameSalad
  • zak@applezak@apple Member Posts: 8
    how do i know?
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    Did you create and install a distribution profile from your iOS developer portal?
    yes
    tbh could you maybe provide step by step instructions i am new but 1st time is the rest
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    edited July 2012
    When I make my profiles in iTunes Connect, I always name them like this...

mygameDev - (Developer Profile)
    mygameDist - (Distribution Profile)

And when I need to choose, I always know which one is which.

You can go into iTunes Connect and look at your profile again to see exactly how you named it, and try again with the publishing through GameSalad.
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    When you go to publish, make sure you're selecting the correct item from the drop down.
    this is a bit of a random question but how old do you have to be before you can make and sell iPhone apps?
  • master200012master200012 Member Posts: 372
    Should be older than the forum age requirements, but you can always get a parent/guardian to do it for age requirements as well.

Good Luck!
    the thing is i wanted to ask my own question as i really find it easier doing it that way if thats ok? in future i will search but i did also try a vague search for this but couldn't find my exact issue it has now been solved for me but as i said in future i will search first thanks :)