Case of the Disappearing GameSalad Viewer

ColorplayGamesColorplayGames PRO Posts: 69
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I went through the whole process of setting my computer up so I can do iphone development today, and managed to get 95% done except I'm stuck on the GS viewer!
I ran the code in XCode and it seemed to get added to my iPod without a problem. I then published one of my apps to my iPod and the viewer seems to have disappeared (I think the icon for my game replaced the icon for the viewer). Did I do something wrong or am I just confused or both? :)

Thanks for your help,
Jenna

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    when you say you published your app, what did you do? Did you open the viewer on your iphone and open the game in GameSalad? or did you do something else?

if your icon replaced the viewer, it sounds like you deployed it using xcode with the same app id as the viewer
  • ColorplayGamesColorplayGames PRO Posts: 69
    By publishing my game I mean that I can open it directly in my iPod - the viewer is nowhere to be found.

I've been extremely confused with all these id's and identifiers and certificates! The second thing you mentioned sounds like a good candidate for where I went wrong. So.. I need 2 app ids? One for my app and one for the viewer?

EDIT: I went through the whole process again making new ids and whatnot for the gamesalad viewer and it worked! (For those who write the wiki - it wasn't clear to me that I needed to do that.) Thanks for your help!
  • jweaver911jweaver911 Member Posts: 439
    Bah.. I updated to 8.4 and now my preview on iPhone button won't show up in GS. Anyone else have this issue?
  • jweaver911jweaver911 Member Posts: 439
    Riiiight... Didn't see that there was an update to the viewer.... Sheesh. If I have one complaint with all this stuff, it's gotta be the fact that the Viewer is handled like the stepchild of GS. It's rarely mentioned anywhere without doing numerous searches.