Tiles questions , in instances

POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
edited June 2012 in Tech Support
Hey GS ,
So you guys gave us Retina tiles and that is awesome !
i do have some questions though , as i opened my project and wanted to replace hundreds of actors instances from "replicate" to tiles , i noticed that the tile width and height are gray and un-editable , i then went to the prototype actor and made his 'graphic style' to tile , and that turned on the option to change the tile size values , came back to my scene like i said i have many actors that needs tiles , but also many that dont !
i made the changes in the necessary actors (instances) and tiled them accordantly , say size of 64x64 , then i returned to the prototype and brought it back to its normal state (stretched) , coming back to the instances , its tile values stayed the same (64x64) and turned gray (un-editable) again , is this how it suppose to work? or is it a workaround?
and if so , why can't we edit the tile size in an instance if its prototype is not set to tiled?

Cheers
Photobucket Roy

Best Answer

• gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Posts: 6,598
    Accepted Answer

@P-O-M

Hi Roy, I see and agree with your logic; changing the wrap of the prototype shouldn't affect an instance yet it does...

I can see some logic in it, I suppose: the only way to get tiling is by setting tiling in a prototype, so the actor on screen -the original copy of the prototype - is somehow linked to it when it comes to tiling, even when/if it's made an instance... anyhow, I guess that's just the way it is...

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

Answers

• POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    edited June 2012
    Gyro,
    Thanks for the reply man.
    As long as I'm doing it right and not "fooling" the system I'm fine and happy with the result .. This retina tiles feature gave me 10 fps boost to my game, it now runs on 55fps as oppose to 45fps before ;)

Cheers
    Photobucket Roy
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598

Betterer and betterer! :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps