self.linear velocity is a invalid path? ie9 update fix?

lanmindlanmind Member Posts: 29
edited June 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
In another thread @utopiangames wrote about a script error I believe I'm experiencing. I'm trying to change an actor's own linear velocity attributes but when I choose the attributes to change I get an "invalid path". @utopiangames wrote that Internet Explorer needs to be updated to 9? I checked and I'm running IE v 9.0.8112.16421. Here is what @utopiagames wrote:
@utopiangames

Upgrade to ie9, that's fixed the script error
Anybody know what's going on here?

Best Answer

• rhinokeyrhinokey Posts: 158
    Accepted Answer
    i get this invalid path thing all the time, when setting some atributes on an actors prototype actor. if i unlock the one in the scene i can set it fine.

what i do is unlock one in the scene, then set what i want, save the rules to the custom menu,
    revert the unlocked back to the prototype, and drag the rules i saved to custom back to the prototype, it will show up as (invalid path) when you do this, but as soon as you put that actor in the scene the invalid paths will switch to what you originaly set them as.

at least that works for me

i think that since the prototype is never placed in a scene it gets confused about atributs like position and speed.

Answers

• bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlMember Posts: 1,375
    try downloading safari, firefox, google chrome.
    (safari is what i use)
  • lanmindlanmind Member Posts: 29
    Download all three?
  • lanmindlanmind Member Posts: 29
    Haha nice and thanks rhinokey. I'm adding updating all my broswers and I'll try your fix if that doesn't do it
  • daniel.robert.campbelldaniel.robert.campbell Member Posts: 251
    So...wait. In order for me to constrain an attribute of an actor, I can't have any locked versions of that actor in the scene? That's kind of funky. Hope they fix that soon.... :(