Error saving project

wapeyewapeye Member Posts: 6
edited June 2012 in Tech Support
Hi GS team.

I recently downloaded the GS creator for windows on my Vista32 Home Premium SP2 machine.
Whenever I'm trying to save a project, it throws up a pop up error message saying:
"Error saving game project, unable to overwrite save directory. Make sure there are no project files opened in another program"
This happens even if i create a new project..when i create a new project and choose the save as option, it saves alright. But immediately after this, trying to save (without any changes at all) throws up the same error!! :(
Of course, I discovered this error when i added some images, actors and rules to my project... But later found that the error shows up even without any changes.

I am a noob, started with GS just yesterday :)

Comments

• wapeyewapeye Member Posts: 6
    Here's a screenshot
    (the pop up says - "Error saving game project, unable to overwrite save directory. Make sure there are no project files opened in another program")

• jckmcgrawjckmcgraw Member Posts: 647
    This is one of a few main reasons I like Macs better than PC's... PC's seem to get a bunch of errors, and most of the time, I don't understand a thing they are saying. Sorry, but I have no idea what that error means or why it happened.

Have you tried restarting your computer? Have you reinstalled GameSalad? I hope your issue gets resolved somehow.

Regards,
    Jack McGraw
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Don't forget: It's still in beta, so there are going to be bugs to fix along the way.

I would reinstall GameSalad and restart your computer. If that doesn't fix it, send a bug report.
    edited June 2012
    I'veuninstalled, reinstalled, restarted enough times now...even got rid of all my projects and reinstalled...nothing works :(
    Without the save option, I'm pretty much stuck...can't test much unless I leave my machine and game salad on forever!!!
    Any other suggestions before I send a bug report?
    @Braydon_SFX
    @jckmcgraw
    Sent the bug report, they promptly replied and suggested Windows user account control issues. My UAC was off, so i tinkered some more and had a D'oh moment of the day:
    If I 'save as' instead of 'save', the project gets saved, irrespective of any changes made since the last save X_X
    Issure resolved for the time being :)>-
  • jckmcgrawjckmcgraw Member Posts: 647
    @wapeye, glad you got it working :)

Regards,
    Jack McGraw
  • mill4023mill4023 Member Posts: 9
    It's not solved.
    Clicking Save should save without any issues or errors.
    I know it's in Beta, but this is a bug that needs to get fixed.
  • jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    This is still a problem. I did some work, went to save it and had the same error. Tried 'Save', 'save as' - both had the same error. The only way around it right now, is to create a new folder every single time, which is just a bit silly. Anyone from GS offer some light on this please?

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• mrfrankmrfrank Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same issue
  • richiconrichicon Member, PRO Posts: 55
    Also having the same issue. The Windows creator is so buggy :(
  • DarkpaxDarkpax Member Posts: 22
    I dk but i have error i Save a game before i formatting my pc After installier gamesalad and my Other Programms too , and Open the Save again. All Looks Great. But i Klick on Play and all Autors are moved around the Screen and Colors dont how it Looks in the Save before formatting
  • SolarPepperStudiosSolarPepperStudios Member Posts: 754
    Haha I like @jckmcgraw 's answer! =)) Rebooting always helps! And if that doesn't help, buying a Mac usually does. :)) (I don't mean to laugh at @jckmcgraw personally, I just find it funny because that is the solution to everything with a PC and I know that from 5 years of experience in building and coding them. :) )