Accessing table crashes GS

dacaamdacaam Member Posts: 12
edited June 2012 in Tech Support
My game DEPENDS on this table, but every time I try to access it from the tables tab, the program crashes. It was imported from a csv (only partial success- 10% of the table information had to be recreated) but was working fine after it was amended. I closed the program and opened it again today but now the table will not load and the program crashes. No other tables cause this.

I have submitted multiple crash reports, and the apple report is attached to the bug report I just submitted. Thanks.

Best Answer

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Posts: 2,456
    Accepted Answer
    @ dacaam … excel (and IMO: any of the MSOffice apps) do lousy exports …
    because they always seem to add extraneous formatting data to the exported file

glad you got things working good!

anytime you want to check the exact data in a .csv file … open it in TextEdit
    (you can also edit/write a .csv there)

thanx for the Awesome tip to use Google Docs SpreadSheet for clean table creation!
    this will certainly help those who don't have excel; numbers; or other applications

image MH

Answers

• dacaamdacaam Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2012
    Hi, everyone.
    I imported a table (imported OK, but needed to be tweaked since some cells didn't fill after transfer) and it worked alright until I quit Game Salad and reopened it today.
    Now every time I try to access the table, the program crashes. Has this happened to anyone else? It's only 1 table that is causing this behavior. All the other ones are fine.

Looking for advice- this is the main table my game will use to generate text (it's a question based game so it's critical) and this table will need to be expanded after the game launches. if I'm going to start running into trouble every time I change the table, I'm screwed.

Thanks for your help.
    Yes, it was Excel. I'll try another program. Thanks for merging the threads- I thought tech support was a different system.

Mark
    UPDATE: The original table is being created via Google Docs (it's a collaborative document). I exported directly to csv from there (without Excel), and it imported flawlessly.

Excel is screwing something up. Thanks!