TOTB 5?

master200012master200012 Member Posts: 372
edited May 2012 in Conferences and Events
I must say, I've really enjoyed these competitions and the number of people participating in them.

Needless to say, I think it would be best to have a TOTB 5 at the start of the summer. I know quite a few Gamesalad users are in high school and summer breaks starts soon for them. Also, I believe friendly competition might be healthy for them.

Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Member Posts: 927
    I hope it happens soon too
  • theCodeMonsterstheCodeMonsters Member Posts: 359
    I totally agree, I couldn't finish my TOB4 because I was in school.
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited May 2012
    If there is one count myself and Wayne in for some judging again and of course some nice prizes from DBA.

Darren.
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    I would like to be a judge, and offer some prize in this edition :)
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    I think @themoonwalls should be a judge :)
    I would assume Tory is planning to have totb5 this summer; however he hasn't been on the forums in quite some time.... I'll go ahead and tag him @stormystudio
  • master200012master200012 Member Posts: 372
    Well, I would love to do another contest. Also, I'm pleased many seem to agree with me. Moreover, the news that this has been planned already races my head with ideas and excitement. I can't wait for it to start! I wonder what the theme will be...

Reconstruction or something?
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Hey guys...

Thanks @LeonardDeveloper for the tag to get my attention. As you say, I've not been on the forums much recently...and your quite right. I still pop by now and then though. I got a little distracted with other things, namely updating 'Audio Invaders' which is waiting review, we bought some chickens and I took on some DIY and build a rather impressive coup... anyway I digress.

TOTB5 is a great idea... and something I'd be happy to throw together. Give me a week or so and I'll start the ball rolling with an official announcement, I've got a couple of promo videos to finish first for fellow gamesalad developers... :-)

Out of interest... would you like a months long best game design contest like before or a 3 day intense originality pure gamesalad no graphics ...
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    This sounds great. And now is a perfect time for it.
    Thanks!
    edited June 2012
    month long and I have to win the think geek gift card :D
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    Wow @tshirtbooth - Now I'm all in. That's a lot to win.
    Thanks!
  • DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
    I think a month long edition would be a great time frame as it allows time to neaten up ideas and features :)
    edited June 2012
    Cool... thanks @tshirtbooth, I'll get you to offer that again if that's cool once I setup the official thread next week.

For those interested, here's info on the last contest...

http://stormystudio.com/totb4.html

oh and the older TOTB3 entries here:
    http://www.stormystudio.com/totb3_entries.html
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    edited June 2012
    @stormystudio I notice i deleted my video. I know its from TOTB3 but if you want here is another video of it -
    Just thought it might be an idea to add it, make the page look more professional.

EDIT: also i would love TOTB5, i never took part in TOTB4, and TOTB3 i was at a disadantage cause i was in a rush (i was going on holiday the day before it was due.) and i had loads of packing to do!
  • Barking_AppsBarking_Apps Member Posts: 182
    can't wait for this.. i couldn't take part in the last one so I'm buzzing for this comp.

BarkingApps :o3

Check out these on the GS Marketplace:
    Cut the Rope INTERFACE
    Flight Control INTERFACE

I would love it if we had two person teams I already have someone in mind
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    It will be hard to share the prizes - you can't cut in half the Pro membership. And one membership for two different developers, brakes GS ToS.
    Maybe their could be prizes only trhe coder could win and prizes only the artist could win
  • Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Member Posts: 646
    very nice prices :) i think i'll be in too as last time :)
    ---
    Benjamin
  • crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FranceMember Posts: 519
    I'm in.
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    That would put people at a disadvantage, if you don't have an artist and not to good at art yourself then its unfair.
    Whats good about having to do 1 man teams is that it is fair, well, more fair than 2 man teams.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    edited June 2012
    Maybe their could be prizes only trhe coder could win and prizes only the artist could win
    The whole point of the competition is that its fair... I don't think thats happening anytime soon; Anyway your always saying on the forums how good an artist you are; and your always taking coding jobs; So I'm sure your ok; With the rules the way they are.....
    I showed one example not always saying it, and yes I can do art and code and sfx but working with someone takes a lot of the load off and a lot of people only know art or code. ANyways its fine if we dont have teams Im just really exited for TOTB5
    All in all, I'm glad to see that the world seemingly agrees.

That said, good luck to everyone participating, and thanks to those who selflessly put in donations.

Not to mention our fine Stormy, who's putting it all together.

Thanks, guys!
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Looking forward to it stormy, and hopefully I have time to participate. If I could make a suggestion about the theme? Maybe since this year is the 2012 Summer Olympics, you could do a sports related theme. Not necessarily Olympic related, but just sports in general. I'm sure everyone could find something to work with given that theme. Anyway, just a thought!

- Alex
    I like it, osucowboy 18!
    Hey guys..

just posting to say I'm working on this and will post some new news soon once I've got my ducks in a row. Also been chatting with GameSalad about possible options there for the contest. Whether it evolves into anything we shall see.

Either way. As always hoping to do it bigger and better than the last time..

(On a side note my Audio Invaders update has been a hit with the blind and visually impaired gamers, more tweaking required but going well).
    edited June 2012
    also...

just purchased domain ready for the contest (and future ones)... it's going to get a small name tweak.

www.thinkoutsidethegamebox.com
    www.totgb.com

Nothing there yet...will just forward it to my own site whilst I slowly tinker and setup an official page.

But first I'm gonna make tea then sit and watch 'Indie Game The Movie' which I'm downloading off iTunes... Woop!
    Sounds good stormy. Can't wait to hear more about the contest...that is after you finish watching "Indie Game The Movie" :)

- Alex
    Sounds good stormy. Can't wait to hear more about the contest...that is after you finish watching "Indie Game The Movie" :)

- Alex