Saving A screenshot on iPad...Orientation is always vertical, porque?

bluelotusbluelotus Member Posts: 96
edited June 2012 in Tech Support
Wondering if anyone else has come across a fix for this. When taking a screenshot on the iPad (by pressing the front and top buttons simultaneously) to save to your image library, it always saves the images in portrait mode- no matter what orientation you set you game to.

So basically you cant use landscape image as a screen saver for your iPad.

Comments

• EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    How are you holding your iPad? the orientation is not based on the App, it is based on the device orientation.
  • 3xL3xL Member Posts: 676
    No se porque.

I think it's an iOS glitch. I've been dealing with this since iOS 4. Also when editing with IOS's built in photo editor, they sve as png+xmp and if you try sending an edited pic it reverts it back to its original state. De madre. What a pain in the ass.
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    but since the dimensions are correct, just rotate it one the Mac.
  • bluelotusbluelotus Member Posts: 96
    How are you holding your iPad? the orientation is not based on the App, it is based on the device orientation.
    Yes, iI am aware of that. but no matter what orientation the device is set to (in gamesalad device attributes) the image comes out in portrait mode.
    but since the dimensions are correct, just rotate it one the Mac.
    That would work fine for me but I can't expect every user to have that capability. I am working on an art studio style app andit sucks that the user can't save the image correctly to send over email or whatever.

• MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    That would work fine for me but I can't expect every user to have that capability. I am working on an art studio style app andit sucks that the user can't save the image correctly to send over email or whatever.

If the user holds the iPad in landscape orientation it should save it in that orientation. If not the user have the ability to rotate it in the Photos app, where it is saved, before sending it.

If the user holds the iPad in landscape orientation it should save it in that orientation. If not the user have the ability to rotate it in the Photos app, where it is saved, before sending it.
    Take a screenshot of a gamesalad app and see if it works. 1. no matter what orientation you snap the photo in, it gets saved into the photo library in portrait. 2. You cant rotate an image in the photo app.

Just sayin