making a checkers game with 12 squares

kkchongkkchong Member Posts: 60
edited May 2012 in Tech Support
hi, i am new to GS, but i like to make a checkers game with 12 squares.
can anyone offer any help?
are there ready templates or source codes on checkers for the normal 64 squares board?
most appreciated,
i need partner to work together,, anyone interested?
kk

Best Answers

Answers

• kkchongkkchong Member Posts: 60
    @calvin9403
    we play a lot of checkers with 12 squares in Singapore kk
    my plan is to do player vs player
    kk
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    edited June 2012
    @kkchong,
    Hmm shouldn't be too hard,
    I have a free touch follower/ Checker piece mover template over here if it suits your fancy: http://thermo-apps.com/gs-tutorials/follow-my-fingertouch-follower-templatetutorial-in-gs/

All you have to do that is imply checkers rules, and what can do what; Shouldn't be too hard, You should be able to figure it out from their, If not you can always post here,
    I look forward to seeing what you can do with this!
    If you need a partner for this; I wouldn't mind helping you a bit, But I do have 2 big projects running at the moment with my Development partner
    @leonardDeveloper,, thank you for your advice and template.
    i have progressed quiet a bit, and have passed the stage of touching on the pieces and moving them,,, but still a long long way to go,,,
    right now, i am stuck on my upgrade to GS Creator 9.93.. i cant do iphone view,, and this is disturbing me. i am also working on another simpler project,, and found the r/w tables very useful for both my projects..
    i am very pleased to know you more and possibly to work with you in the future, when i am more able. Right now, i am just a newbie,, but i am reading very quickly, and just completed all the forums on 9.93.. a lot more to learn..
    thank you for your advice
    kk
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    @kkchong
    No problem, Hit me up with an email if you ever need anything, I wouldn't upgrade to .93 if I was you, Maybe downgrade?,