GameSalad Announces New Partnership with Tencent

2»

Comments

• LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    @braydon_sfx
    Perhaps he's just opened one of my apps on his iPhone ;)
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Or deleted it. ;)
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    edited May 2012
    Or deleted it. ;)
    hahahahahaha appropriately awesomed
    I'm going for any badges today @SaladStraightShooter, is there a badge for this?
    ;)
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    @braydon_sfx Lol!

I have to talk to my local restaurant again to ask if he wants to translate one of my games. I asked him before and said he was interested. I have a game with a Kung Fu theme.
  • alimpo83alimpo83 Member Posts: 188
    This is great news! I was thinking on making a chinese version of my game, since it got the most downloads in China, and now this!

:D
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    edited May 2012
    @Basseman If I remember your post, you were concerned about resources coming from Pro memberships that went to the translation of the software. If you include also the text of the GS site and various PRs I doubt the spent more than one or two new Pro membership.

The rest was made by PR guys that surely cant code the features you want but that can, without a doubt, find new ventures to allow the growth of GS. That growth will help to make future updates come out better and faster.

So there's no need to be concerned. On the plus side this new venture will help us reach an incredibly rich and fast growing market.

• creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    edited May 2012
    Yes I encourage everyone to start saving the money and invest in GS once it converted to lua free engines. Because its very right decision to move to pro.
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Also on the plus side more partnerships like this for GS means more recurring revenue.
    More recurring revenue means that GS stays afloat.
    GS staying afloat means more GS Development.
    More GS Development means more awesome features.
    More awesome features means better apps you can make.
    Better apps = more money.

So from my point of view, even if this doesn't directly affect you, (i don't plan on using this myself) we should still be excited because it is putting more resources into GS. Everyone wins.

JG
    +1 \m/
    @uptimistik you are right. Current GS version is not handling my game play properly so I have to wait for lua free.
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    i thought i was dreaming when i saw tencent... I'm in shanghai now... and tencent is like everywhere..
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    wow I just stop by and finally saw this one

I don't link tencent tbh, they company is weird
    ;) on the side note, the forum area is blocked by the great firewall. I got in via VPN.
    @ultima lol

I don't know wht china want to block this forum( how do they even know this?)

• GautamLawyerGautamLawyer Member Posts: 11
    Just saw this on the facebook feed....sounds kinda interesting.

Ok dear i will see on facebook. i will post here..............
    @calvin9403 sometimes it's not the url that's blocked but the "forum" feature and or the words that are being used, anyway just speculating, it is in fact blocked and i don't know why or how.
    @ultima try hotspot shield