Adam Yauch (Beastie Boys MCA) R.I.P.

RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
edited May 2012 in Non-GS Game News

Comments

• SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    No way.. Sad news indeed.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Sad, - I hope his "Beasty Boy's" foresee's his death and continues on his legacy
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    RIP MCA. :(
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Or should I say: may he RAP in peace?
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Is this strange that I have no idea who he was?

Still, it's sad that so young fellow had to die. Rest in peace!
  • GreekSaladGreekSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 36
    edited May 2012
    Is this strange that I have no idea who he was?

Still, it's sad that so young fellow had to die. Rest in peace!
    He is one of the 3 MCs from the Beastie Boys. I spent most of yesterday listening to 'em at the office. RIP. :(
    He, and his band was unknown here, in Poland. I'll check out their songs later.
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited May 2012
    Unknown in Poland? Erm...They have toured their before as well as many European counties for many, many years for VERY large audiences.

edited May 2012
    Unknown in Poland? Erm...They have toured their before as well as many European counties over for many, many years.

I'm sure that fans of this type of music knows them, but I mean that they are unknown for general public. I asked some friends, and most of them had no idea who they are.
    Poland is a strange country - we don't even have the Apple Store.
    @TheMoonwalls What's an Apple Store? :P
    edited May 2012
    @TheMoonwalls

Can we lighten up a bit? I started the topic out of respect for MCA. You did not even know who he is and now you come after me as though I'm trolling my own thread? This is not a funeral and there is no reason I/we cannot have fun conversing with one another. Making a quirky comment about the apple store is in no way disrespectfull.

Cheers

edited May 2012
    @RP I'm not telling that you are trolling or anything. In my country if you are talking about a dead person, it's not welcome to make jokes even on a different topic. You should end the conversation about dead person, with respect, and then you are free to talk about anything.
    It's just a different culture.
    In my country you are not even welcome to tell anything bad (even if this bad thing is true, and unimportant) about a dead person (it's not a crime, but you can be insulted or assaulted after this).
    edited May 2012
    @TheMoonwalls That's your country, don't expect everyone to bend over and do what is best befitting for you. Welcome to the global community. I'm not unfamiliar with cultural differences. I lived in Switzerland for 5 years and traveled most of Europe during that time. I also worked with international firms and websites. Never such an issue as I have seen just now. Again, your cultural practices do not reside inside the forums.

I am a military veteran, I could as easily say that I took great offense to what you posted to someone else in a recent discussion.

In addition we were not talking about a dead person at that point, it was the fact you don't have an Apple store. I can obviously see the difference, I hope you can get past that and see it too rather than falling back on this cultural crutch.

I see where this is going, so I'll stop right now.

Let's get back on topic.
  • gotyoursgotyours Member Posts: 246
    i like my sugar with coffee and cream, RIP Adam
  • gotyoursgotyours Member Posts: 246
    just thought this was great MCA made this movie some time back it is great check it outhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=evA-R9OS-Vo