Gradient Problem

JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
edited May 2012 in Tech Support
I'm having an issue with the gradiants on most of my backgrounds showing severe "banding". I did a search on the forums and found two solutions:

1). Add noise to the image
2). Change one pixel so it is 1% transparent

I tried #2 first. No change.
#1 does seem to work, but my 80k PNG is now 1 MB. With over 60 of these, that's not going to be an acceptable solution.

Is there any other workaround for this bug?

Best Answer

Answers

• JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    @tshirtbooth -
    Is this a GS bug or an iOS issue? Or do we know?
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    Yeah it sucks dude, I had to add noise between 4% and 5% on some of my backgrounds. Does the trick, but to the critical eye it drives me crazy.
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    The transparent trick should work. I tested in a couple of games and I had no banding at all.

Instead of changing 1 px to 1% transparent try to delete that pixel completely and if that doesn't work try to delete more than 1 px.

Yes, I read through that thread. However, it doesn't work on these particular images.
    Actually I stand corrected. I followed the directions from Tynan EXACTLY and it worked!
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    edited May 2012
    great :)
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    For such a short while Tynan's star shone so brightly ... Tynan posted some unique and exquisite concepts/vision and insight. Hope one day the ban can be lifted.
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    @SaladStraightShooter ... understood .. wasn't questioning the validity of the ban just lamenting the loss of his talents ...
    @SaladStraightShooter -
    Back on topic, is there anything that GS can do to make this bug go away without these workarounds?
    Thank you.