GS Gameproject Icons Disappear after Reinstall

ellfireellfire Member Posts: 187
edited April 2012 in Tech Support
So, after doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of the GS creator to help solve a memory leak problem (didn't work, by the way), all of my previous gamesalad project files now show up in finder as a normal folder. I can still open them in GS but it seems like the system suddenly doesn't know how to handle the file extension. Any ideas? Going through finder using the old "Open With" command isn't an option as the system sees the files a standard folder now. All new saves even from fresh projects all now appear like this.

Best Answer

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Posts: 6,256
    Accepted Answer
    Open gamesalad and click file and then open from the file bar at the top. Select the folder and open it. It will open the project in gamesalad and should convert it back. This happens to me basically everytime i unistall and reinstall gamesalad.

Answers

• calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    does those files has an .gameproj behind it?
  • ellfireellfire Member Posts: 187
    Yep. No idea how this got disconnected.
    right click your project, go inside info, and you'll can change what software to open
    Nope. That trick didn't work because the system only now recognizes the .gameproj files as normal folders. This disables all the normal "Open with" style tricks.
    can you upload a screenshot for it?
    If it happens again I'll give that a shot. Thanks.