Application Loader failing

DoguzDoguz Member Posts: 500
edited April 2012 in Tech Support
Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting the application loader to work. It keeps stopping after the 'generate package' command and gives an error 'An error occurred uploading to the iTunes store' All the other activity processes seems to have completed though. (By clicking 'Activity...' on the final loader screen before you click 'send' you can see all the processes.

I'm still using GS 0.9.90. I updated application loader and Xcode to the latest versions. (4.3.2 & 2.5.1) But the same error occurs.

I would not normally have any errors doing this. Do you think I need to update GS? I'm trying to hold off the mandatory Playhaven stuff.

Best Answer

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934
    Accepted Answer
    You might try using the application loader from xcode 3 I had trouble for a long time with xcode 4's application loader failing on me but the old one would work fine.

Im not sure if you can still download the old one from apple or not. I still have my old xcode installed

Answers

• DoguzDoguz Member Posts: 500
    Here is what I'm talking about. The Application loader goes through it's motion and ends with an error. opening the activity panel reveals this. Has anyone had similar?

• steve86steve86 Member Posts: 806
    edited April 2012
    That happened to a friend once and he solved it by deleting xCode reinstalled it again and problem was gone.
    Mmmm, I'll try that but apple has made it hard now with the macstore. Xcode is going through that now. If I delete it, I wonder what will happen, Will I loose all my data, provisioning profiles, devices etc.
    I've tried re-installing Xcode (4.3.2) I've tried updating GS to 992. But the problem is still there. Can anybody confirm that they are using Application Loader 2.5.1? Please?
    OK, then, can anyone reading this please tell me what version of Application Loader THEY are using?
    @LeonardDeveloper - You're using Xcode 4.3.2 and App Loader 2.5.1? And GS 0.9.92 Correct?
    OK, I've tried it with GS 0.0.90 and 0.9.92, without success. I need to get hold of 0.9.91 to try that. Can you send me the 0.9.91 installer?
    Just wanting to tidy up this thread, but how do I answer my own question???

I just tried application loader again and it worked. I checked the version number and it is now 2.5.2. So I'll put it down to a bug in the software from Apple and it updated itself somehow. (Maybe I approved it via software update).

So if anyone else is having trouble uploading with application loader, check the version number. 2.5.1 is a dud. 2.5.2 is good.