PlayHaven UDID latest status?

bazookaBenbazookaBen Member Posts: 318
edited April 2012 in Non-GS Game News
so, 0.9.92 is released.

but what's the current scoop on PlayHaven enabled GS games? any examples of being Apple-approved?

Answers

• bazookaBenbazookaBen Member Posts: 318
    edited April 2012
    i was reading this article abt Apple rejecting apps that accessed UDIDs
    http://techcrunch.com/2012/03/24/apple-udids/

seems that Playhaven enabled apps have been rejected too. Anyone here can shed light on this?
  • fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    edited March 2012
    As i am fully into a huge gamesalad game and ready to go pro i have some concerns about how UDID will effect gamesalad.
    Apps are getting rejected goes gamesalad use or there partner companies use UDIDs?
    Here is an article on techcrunch,
    http://techcrunch.com/2012/03/24/apple-udids/
  • JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    Love to know if we have anything to worry about to?
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    head chef please clear this UDID confusion Thanks
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    edited March 2012
    Ill tag him... @saladstraightshooter
    What the hell does this meen? It doesn't effect us, Right?
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    edited March 2012
    At the moment UDIDs are accessed and sent to Playhaven HQ so I guess that will have to be fixed very soon.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    edited March 2012
    Thanx for that read! @fadamion

" Two of the 10 review teams started doing blanket rejections of apps that access UDIDs this week. Next week, that will rise to four the ten teams, and keep escalating until all 10 teams are turning down apps that are still using UDIDs. "

and, this week it will be 4 teams/10 and next week 6 teams/10 …

my big concern would be for our pro members … most of the rest of us know to use 9.90

are the PlayHaven capabilities in the appBuild even if you opt not to utilize?
    is that going to make an app UDID sensitive and therefore reject-able?

EDIT: think @Rob2 answered that one!

image MH
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I doubt Pro members are going to be affected unless they are using Playhaven It sounds like this may just be another hicup in the playhaven plan for GS. but im sure playhaven is working out a new way to work without UDIDs as they seem to be near the center on the whole thing. Basically if they dont find a new way they cease to exist.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    @tenrdrmer … when I check contents of an app in Xcode/GS build the PlayHaven bundle is there … and the game does not use PlayHaven … IMO that bundle is added during the publishing process … why?

and, personally, I don't trust that any company that can get personal info wont do so …
    either to compile for their own use or sell to others.

image MH
  • deadlightsdeadlights Member, PRO Posts: 235
    Interesting. I guess they're really cracking down on privacy issues, which is a positive IMHO.
    what if Pro users want to use Playhaven? That would suck for us too.
  • deadlightsdeadlights Member, PRO Posts: 235
    edited March 2012
    @tenrdrmer … when I check contents of an app in Xcode/GS build the PlayHaven bundle is there … and the game does not use PlayHaven … IMO that bundle is added during the publishing process … why?
    I asked a similar question a while back and was told that GS doesn't bundle anything in the game that's not supposed to be there. IMHO if a Pro user's game doesn't use PlayHaven, it shouldn't be in there. Period.
    sorry to bump, but what's the latest update on this issue?

will Playhaven enabled GS games get rejected?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Merged with all the other UDID threads. Please keep it in one place. Also please make sure you are not posting discussion topics as questions.

Thanks
  • memoangelesmemoangeles Member, PRO Posts: 23
    Just got my paid app rejected for this add business. I'm thinking of going pro. But I don't want to waste my money if my app gets rejected because of PlayHaven even if I go Pro :(
    i think a good strategy to use is to release first version without Playhaven. Then update it with Playhaven.

That way if it's rejected you won't lose precious sleep. Updates usually take shorter time, because the apple reviewer is familiar with your app.
  • memoangelesmemoangeles Member, PRO Posts: 23
    Just wanted to let you know that I went pro with GameSalad and my app got approved, no problem :)