FIXED: Programmed Crashed | Scenes are gone

JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
edited November -1 in Tech Support
EDIT: Fixed it. For future reference to anyone who may encounter this bug, I make a copy of the 'bugged' file. I opened the original & made all new scenes equal to the number I had before. Now save.

Now just open the package from both. Go into scenes folder & copy the contents from the 'bugged' backup version to the new version. Viola! Instant fix.

I know this happened to someone else before, I just can't find the post. Basically the program crashed & now only the first scene appears in the scene list.

I checked the package contents and all the scenes are still there, but they are not being recognized by GS now.

Anyone know what I need to edit in order to make it show up again??

Comments

• synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    Good to know!!!

Make a new article post (maybe next week) with a "TIP" headline to basically announce your fix solution in case it is encountered by others down the road.

if we keep TIPS organized well (with a "tip" tag)...it will be easy to search "TIP" in the forum search later and find good tips in general or point people to TIPS. Make sense?

Plus with "TIP" in the headline title, they get notice much more.
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    Wow, this just happened to me! Glad I read about this months ago! Thanks for the fix jgary!
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    Time Machine is your friend!

Also...

Command+D while selecting the GameSalad project file in Finder.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    JGary, you should post this solution in the GSPro forum. It's a lot easier to find stuff there.