Bug when dragging behaviours on to actors or actors to scenes

RedCatRedCat Member Posts: 26
edited March 2012 in Tech Support
I'm finding quite often that items don't drag over correctly, and a ghost appears at the border of the scene.

After this happens no other actors or behaviours can be added, they just create more ghosts that remain independent of the GS scren position. I need to quit Gamesalad to remove the ghosts.

This is happeneing on my project pretty much every day.

Also had it fall over when trying to rearrange layers and layer folders - same thing ghosts appear but layer didn't move.

My Project is only 1.5Mb (was bigger but stripped it down after first geting bug to see if it helped), it has no huge images, or vastly complex behaviours.

As I'm new to GS maybe this is a known issue, or maybe a hardware issue (not enough RAM?) - please let me know if you've experienced anything similar.

Comments

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Don't know what is going on with your project … weird, huh?

though most of my crashes are caused by me … I create games and problems!

Save often… Save As to make backups …
    when you do a lot of work … save and quit GS then reopen your project … clear out the memory

actors dragged to the scene generally have to be dragged to the black area (or within the camera area) … then moved around from there: … placed in the scene then repositioned.

recheck the rules/behaviors for the actor that causes the initial problem
    (expressions are very sensitive to correct syntax … long expressions are easy to mistype … so sometimes it is good to drag in a Note behavior … drag the expression there to see if you may have omitted something…)

try to do most of your early previews in the sceneEditor Preview not the big green Preview on the toolBar …

what version of GS are you using?

image MH
  • App SurgeApp Surge Member Posts: 651
    Hm... Sounds like your computer's haunted. I would recommend calling the Ghost Busters. I hear they are very good.

Henry
    edited March 2012
    =D> @Red Sky

I am surrounded by Reds!

image MH

• RedCatRedCat Member Posts: 26
    thanks Guys. it seems to be behaving itself a bit more now - I'm saving incremental saves every time I do anything significant now!