Interface Availability

esekielesekiel Member Posts: 1
edited March 2012 in Tech Support
Hi all,
I am considering using game salad to develop a reference book application. I've see a cool interface where there is a scroll wheel to select the chapter or verse. I have two reference screen captures from two apps I use and I'll try to attach. This is my first post here and I'm not sure if I can attach screen captures. My two questions are:
1. Does game salad expose this interface through behaviors? It seems common across many apps in the Apple App store.
2. How much app design functionality of xcode is available in Game Salad? 10%? 25%?

Thanks
- Esekiel

Comments

• CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    Host your screen captures on some where like TinyPic - and paste the code it gives you in your post.

1. Does game salad expose this interface through behaviors.

Not sure what this question means ? If you want a certain interface then you must build it within GameSalad.

2. How much app design functionality of xcode is available in Game Salad? 10%? 25%?

Again this question seems odd (to me at least), I'm not sure what use a figure would be to you (or anyone), what would you do with the information, for example if I told you GameSalad could access 57.46% of Xcode's "design functionality" (?), like other high-level SDKs GameSalad has its limitations.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Gamesald doesn't access any of Apple's interfaces.
  • CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    Gamesald doesn't access any of Apple's interfaces.
    C'mon FryingBaconStudios - what about the cursor ? ;)
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    Until you upload the picture it's difficult to say but most interfaces should be able to be replicated (use the replicate behaviour - joking by the way haha) with a little creativity. None of the standard Apple interface options can be accessed by default though, not even buttons or alerts.

Ace
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    but the nativeAppleGUI images are usable
    simply import the images you want
    … add to an actor
    … assign rules/behaviors that are appropriate for the image functionality

http://www.teehanlax.com/downloads/ios-5-gui-psd-iphone-4s/

@};- MH
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    Are we allowed to use them? Sounds like a strange question, but Apple are funny creatures ;)

Ace
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    for iOS apps/games Apple recommends we conform to standard controls
    Apple knows full-well that not all uploaded apps/games are made in Xcode

not using what enables you to conform as an Apple developer… may get your project rejected.

those graphic representing the Xcode code are created without using Apple code
    and, the artist gives you full rights to copy his work for use in an iOS app/game.

I would use images that look like they belong … either to the game or to the device rather than jar a user's experience …

@};- MH
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    @mynameisace I used the images from teehanlax.com multiple times and never had a problem with Apple.