Best Jump attributes for game

alexxxhpalexxxhp Member Posts: 161
edited November -1 in Tech Support
what is the best attributes to make a character jump and seem as natural as possible I have tried different ways but they don't work right or feel natural jumping over items thanks.

Comments

• rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    I haven't messed with it recently but look at FireMapleGame's (a user here at GS) platformer demo(s). I'm sure he will/has produced something smooth.

But now that I think about it, I think you have been around here for some time too, so you probably know that FMG is a user. :-)
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Try various combinations of timer with acceleration. Basically, if actor is in contact with platform and jump attribute is true, for .1 second accelerate 90 degrees... and after .2 second set jump attribute to false.

Just mess with the settings (including gravity) until it looks right to you.
  • alexxxhpalexxxhp Member Posts: 161
    cool thanks yeah I know FMG great user very helpful in these forums, thanks design will try
  • CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    if you want to have a jump that you can control you can do what design219 says but make the timer 0.5-0.8 sec or so and uncheck 'run to completion.' That way they fall when you release the jump button. Then just mess with it until your range of tapping jump and holding jump is good. For Traffic Ninja I have a low value velocity up and high value accelerate down.