My app rejected because of crashing

YYGamesYYGames Member, BASIC Posts: 26
edited March 2012 in Tech Support
My app rejected because of crashing

what they say was my app crashes on iPad 2 and iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1,

My app crashed on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks upon launch. No crash logs were produced.

I tested my app with both ad hoc and gamesalad viewer tons of time

and i never had crash before..

What should i do?

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Well since iOS 5.1 just came out today you should update and test it.
  • YYGamesYYGames Member, BASIC Posts: 26
    isnt gamesalad already changed to support iOS 5.1 automatically when people try to publish their game?
    edited March 2012
    But you didn't test your code on ios version 5.1. If Apple says it crashing on 5.1 then you need to test it on a device with ios 5.1.
    so i have to update my phone and test it?
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    You say Apple says it crashes on both an iPad 2 and iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1

You say on ad-hoc and preview it worked fine but have not personally tested yourself on 5.1 ... It certainly would be a good idea then to update to 5.1 and see if it does indeed crash!
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Member Posts: 323
    If it's crashing because of some incompatibility with iOS 5.1, odds are there's nothing you're going to be able do about it.

It might be an issue were there's something in the latest version of Xcode (4.3) that's needed at build time. Although there seems to be an issue with having that version installed, so don't go ahead and do that.

I'd mention this to the GS QA department, pronto.
    Or it was published out of GS with Xcode 4.3 and needs to be published out with Xcode 4.2. If it needed something from 4.3 then previously built apps would not work at all. All my previously published apps are working fine on my ipad2 with iOS 5.1
    Thanks guys

I just updated my iOS to 5.01 and tested my games and all worked fine except for iAd didnt poped up while i play my game but
    I think thats because of my Xcode can't support 5.01. I tried to update my Xcode but they wont let me
    because my mac is not Lion. So I restore my device to 5.0
    Anyway I still can't figure out why apple said it crashed. Maybe
    the file crashed while sending to apple?? I dont know :(
    Anyway i have another question. My iAd show up fine while i was testing my app with my device(5.0)
    but when i updated my device to 5.01, my iAd didnt show up. So if my game
    published, is iAd not gonna show up on 5.01 device?

• GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    i think it could be a 5.1 bug?
    some other publishers' game that i'm running in my ipod touch on 5.1 are crashing as well. not just GS games.
    Yeah 5.1 is buggy my Apple Music App ( aka iTunes on iPad ) crashed and had to restore my iPad. All is well right now with 5.1 but I noticed there servers were really slow yesterday so I might have had a glitch in my iPad update.