Turning off ads

Peter_OlafsonPeter_Olafson Member Posts: 301
edited March 2012 in Tech Support
So I've gone pro to eliminate the ads. But when I launched an adhoc build... it had an ad. Despite the fact I have not implemented the kiip or playhaven. How do I create a build that does not have ads?

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,394
    Strange? On the home menu, next to actors, scenes tables you have services, both kiip and playhaven should be disabled yes? I literally created an ad-hoc build twice last night and none had any ads.
  • Peter_OlafsonPeter_Olafson Member Posts: 301
    I had to create it as a new app rather than an update. Using the update option kept the ad from the non pro account. All is well now.
  • Peter_OlafsonPeter_Olafson Member Posts: 301
    It was strange but if I created a new adhoc build during the evening it was fine and had no ads. When I made changes I did an update to the adhoc build instead of a brand new build I got ads. So I guess the trick is to never update builds, just do them over and select your screen shots, pick supported orientation, etc over again.
  • darianbdarianb Member Posts: 24
    I just logged in to report the exact same problem. I just launched a free/lite version of my app with iAds embedded (http://itunes.apple.com/app/fiction-idea-generator-lite/id507536455?ls=1&mt=8) and when it launched there was a full screen banner ad from playhaven, even though I haven't implemented it. This is a really major bug. I went pro to avoid this. Really annoyed about it.
    I should add that the lite version is a new product. I also updated the paid version and it didn't show the banner. Somehow it seems that GS has embedded the playhaven calls into the iAds command. All I can say is, the way it is at the moment, the free version launch is really bad. Horrible even.
    Thanks for the quick handling. I sent a report to support as well.
    I know it's still only Monday, but is there any solution to this?