Kiip only provided 1 reward

bren7bren7 Member, PRO Posts: 42
edited February 2012 in Tech Support
So, I love the new Kiip feature and it worked great in sandbox mode; providing a sample reward of several different types whenever the behavior was triggered. Last Friday night my related app with the Kiip update was approved by the app store. So, a few of us downloaded my app update and we tried it out. A Kiip reward appeared when it was supposed to on all of our devices on the 1st achievement; but then never again. Unlike the same game in sandbox mode; the Kiip achievements did not keep coming (no pun intended). I then thought that maybe Kiip restricts the rewards to 1 per day. So, I tried it again the next day and the next; but no more Kiip rewards. Now I'm wondering if last weeks hotfix that fixed the pause also fixed this issue, too. I did not interrupt the Apple review process that had already been going on for almost a week when the hotfix came out because I thought could live with the lack of a pause until the next update. Now I'm wondering if I should still be excited about Kiip rewards.

Comments

• bren7bren7 Member, PRO Posts: 42
    Hey tShirtbooth.
    My 1st reward is 10 Kiip points and so were the next 4 achievements that didn't appear. Then there is a 200 Kiip point achievement that didn't appear either. In sandbox mode; sample Kiip achievements worked on every one and improved greatly with a sample Jambox reward on the 200 point Kiip achievement.
    Thanks in advance.
  • bren7bren7 Member, PRO Posts: 42
    Will do. Thanks tshirt.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Kiip does not gaurantee 100% fill rate so most likely they did not have any rewards to offer. They may also have cut off rewards since every single kiip enables game gets reviewed by kiip staff. They may have decided the ads they have where to valuable for your game. No telling but bottom line is they don't guarantee 100% fill.
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    Hey @bren7-

To echo what @tenrdrmer is sharing- Kiip rewards do not trigger at a 100% fill rate.

Meaning that what you are reporting is actually normal behavior for the Kiip service. When you are testing your game, it will trigger an award every time. This is intended to allow you to make sure everything is working. However, once live, the percentage drops. This is outlined in the Cookbook article for Kiip found here: http://cookbook.gamesalad.com/tutorials/5/parts/27

" 4. Not every achievement will display an offer or award, so don't panic if they don't show up your first time testing it out!  Awards are handed out with some element of randomness to maintain serendipity, and to prevent reward-hunters from earning rewards on a lever-based system.  This approach preserves the original activity of the game, and adds a "surprise and delight" element."

Hopefully that helps clarify things!
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    That being said. I think that Kiip should consider placing a normal ad in place for when they don't have a reward so we aren't receiving terrible eCPM's
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    so if reward is not guaranteed on every achievements once the achievements had been cleared you won;t be able to go back to it right? meaning there's no more rewards once the 1000 points are up and you have not received any rewards prior to that or only a few?