Rejected Kindle Fire App review

bren7bren7 Member, PRO Posts: 42
edited February 2012 in Tech Support
I just received a Kindle Fire Test Results Notification email from Amazon on my latest update of my GS game. The version was submitted after being published with 0.9.9.1; but this is also my 1st Kindle Fire review from Amazon. Amazon had always approved previous versions of the same game for Android; but never anything related to Kindle Fire. I own a Kindle Fire and the game works fine on it. The game is always in landscape mode; but the rejection was a 2 part rejection as mentioned below:
"Upon completion of our compatibility test processes, your app was found to be unresponsive when subjected to testing. Users may not be able to navigate past the level select screen because the application often does not respond to user input. To be compatible with Kindle Fire, the app’s core features must be responsive to user commands, and its primary functionality accessible and compliant with device specifications.
Also, the app displays in landscape mode while Kindle Fire’s soft-key bars are displayed in portrait mode. If the app is in landscape, the soft-keys should also display in landscape mode. Please see the attached screenshot."
Not sure what to do about this rejection. They are correct. The Kindle Fire home menu buttons stay in Portrait mode and don't change to landscape. Also, the menu touch response to select levels are hit or miss. Usually I have to touch them a couple times on the Kindle Fire before the scene changes.
Thanks in advance and great job on Kiip interface. I really love it.

Comments