Updated Mac App won't load

Peter_OlafsonPeter_Olafson Member Posts: 301
edited February 2012 in Tech Support
After waiting a month and a half for the Mac icon issue to be fixed I submitted my update last night with the latest version of Gamesalad. It was approved by Apple this evening but it doesn't load! I click on the icon after updating my copy from the mac app store and nothing happens. After waiting and waiting for an icon fix GS has broken my App. Negative reviews should be rolling in soon. So frustrated and over the whole GS experience.

Anyone else having this issue with an updated or new mac app with the latest version of GS?

Comments

• Peter_OlafsonPeter_Olafson Member Posts: 301
    What's strange is that the file on my computer that Gamesalad created as part of the publishing loads. But the one downloaded from the Mac App store doesn't. :-/ I'm stumped.
    Well, uninstalled all versions from my computer, purchased a new copy and it works. I hope that isn't necessary for all previous purchasers.
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    Holy cow...you submitted your Mac app to Apple last night and it got reviewed and approved in less then 24 hours? WOW...I submitted mine last night and it went into review this morning but hasn't been approved yet. That is awesome.

The file that GS creates you need to go to iTunes Connect and set up a test user account to use. You can't just run it. Tshirtbooth might have a video on this...I can't remember.

Hopefully it will all work out...congrats on getting your app approved so quickly! By the way what is the app?
    The app is a Japanese Abacus called "Japanese Soroban". Pretty simple but that's the fastest anything has been approved.

The one that went into review yesterday is Chinese Suan Pan(chinese abacus). Still in review today.

I removed all previous versions of the app and redownloaded from iTunes and it worked fine.
  • TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Member Posts: 1,162
    That is weird.

I have been waiting for 6 days now still in Review.

Yeah there's all kinds of problems like the Black Bars of Death on the MAS http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/39795/black-bars-of-death-mac-app-store#Item_3
    and the custom splash screen distortion. Really hate the Playhaven screen when I see an ad for a game with a half naked chick just before my kids game.