9.91 splash screen issues iPad

floydianspiralfloydianspiral Member, PRO Posts: 308
edited February 2012 in Tech Support
My app is in landscape mode and I chose a splash screen for my company. When the ad hoc build launches it initially displays my image in landscape mode as it should. However, after a second, the splash screen rotates as if it is in portrait mode and is squeezed together, distorted, and looks terrible. I tried locking the iPad in landscape mode and it continues to rotate and distort. I'm thinking this is a bug, no?

Comments

• floydianspiralfloydianspiral Member, PRO Posts: 308
    Oh, and this is a PRO account I am publishing with...hopefully you guys can release a quick patch for it.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    edited February 2012
    Remember to send an email to helpdesk@gamesalad.com about this to give support a heads up!

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• ellfireellfire Member Posts: 187
    I'm getting the same thing on my builds.
  • 3xL3xL Member Posts: 676
    Oh really? That sucks. I hope they fix this
  • JolandaJolanda Member Posts: 82
    I have it too!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    When was the last time you built? A fix was pushed yesterday or the night before.
    If you continue to have problems, make sure you. Contact support so they are aware of the issue.
  • bazookaBenbazookaBen Member Posts: 318
    edited February 2012
    i'd like to bump this thread. the same thing happened to me after hotfix -> uploaded landscape only splash screen. it auto rotates to portrait upon launching the game.

we started another thread here :
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/40293/splash-for-ipad-android-publishing-seem-the-same-still
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    Hotfix not working for my android and ipad builds as well, so right now trying to not change the custom splash amd just a blank screen.
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    I published yestarday, and still have splash screen issue on iPad.
  • ourhouseourhouse Member Posts: 31
    So annoying - I was looking for this issue by searching the forum (using the Search) but there are so many other posts on the great new splash screen updates that I never even found this thread until now.

I am still experiencing this same issue on my iPad apps. I've submitted a bug report. Has anyone had news on a fix and I'm just missing it? I don't think I can rightly release an update fixing other minor issues in my app and introduce this one.

(Pro user)
    I've tried a couple other searches just to check... is the "Tech Support" section of the forum being included in search results?
    edited March 2012
    @SSS Thanks for the quick reply. Your explanation makes sense. As a OS X developer, I know just keeping up with OS updates/changes can be a challenge.

EDIT - I rotated my splash image RIGHT using iWork Preview. Followed your suggestions, and it helped a lot!